Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Might as well delete this forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 07:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Might as well delete this forum

Lincoln to end production on Blackwoods due to poor sales
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/news...blackwood.html

There is a Ford Credit office next to my office and they have three of them sitting there that some execs drive around, but I have yet to see any others on the road. The article says that they have only sold 242 Blackwoods so far! Cadillac has sold 1,690 Escalade EXT's. Cadillac will sell a bunch because the Escalade is the "in" vehicle to buy for sports guys and rappers. Just watch MTV's "Cribs" once and you will see almost every rap star and NBA, NFL athlete has an Escalade. The Orlando Magic practice within a mile of my office and one of the players has a brand new Escalade EXT in black with 22" rims and black windows. I am still trying to figure out who it is, but he is always leaving the Magic practice facility when I see him.

It's a shame that Ford did not think this one through a little more because they could have made the Blackwood a little more useful, instead of making it to cater to rich horse show owners.

Old 04-04-2002, 12:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last sales figure that I saw stated 379 units at 51,785.00 each

Old 04-04-2002, 01:31 AM
they said that this was there original plan..
they are not stopping production because of poor sales..

i guess they have too much pride to admit it was a mistake....

Old 04-04-2002, 01:43 AM
i believe that is Tracy McGrady that drives the EXT....
im not sure how many of the players own one but i know he has one...

its really a long story how i know this but i guess ill tell it anyway...
My dad has courtside seats at the Memphis Grizzlies and they are next to the bench...
i usually talk to the players, mostly about cars...
Jason Williams even tried to sell me his 99 Navigator for $50,000 when the team first moved here, but i passed and got one a fixed it the way i wanted it....

anyway i was talking to Lorenzon Wright one day and he was telling me that he just got a new Escalade i neede to come see..

he said it is the new "eXcalade Truck" and he had some 23's put on it the day before....
they were playing the Magic that night and he said the T Mac had one and he said that another player had one but i forgot who he said....

those ballas have some cars.
Lorenzon has a Bentley, 2 Escalade, the EXT, a Navigator and an Expy...
J. Will has a black and a white Escalade, white navigator, black mercedes, and i drove past his house the other day and there was a POS sitting in his driveway, probably a maid....

I think that Nick Anderson has em all beat though with his Ferrari F50.... D@mn.....

But back to your story... if you find out who it is that drives it let me know.....
i love the SUVS these guys drive...

oh yeah and Hardaway, (((he used to play in orlando of course))) he lives about 2 streets over from J. Will and Lorenzon, he has a red Navigator with 20's on it...

Old 04-04-2002, 07:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steven1642,

T Mac might have one but the guy driving this one is not him. I have seen the guy who is driving and it does not look at all like him. Did you see the MTV cribs episode with Jason Williams? He has the ultimate SUV...a souped up dump truck! Of course, he might not be enjoying any of those toys ith his legal problems.

I used to see Hardaway driving around town in his Lamborghini Diablo and Shaq would cruise around downtown in his Suburban with the SuperMan symbol on it years ago.

I will watch out for the Escalade EXT and try to figure out who it is.

That is the main difference, though. Everyone wants an Escalade or Escalade EXT now and the only people I see driving the Blackwood are Ford Execs, who get a deep discount or are driving them as demos. It seems that is the trend with the Escalade vs. the Navigator, too. Hopefully the 2003 Navi will help bring it on top as the "in" vehicle.

Old 04-04-2002, 10:26 PM
The Blackwood was an "in and out" vehicle. The F150 platform is gone soon, so they brought in the Blackwood.

There wasn't much R&D on it @ all (besides the bed).

Old 04-15-2002, 01:42 PM
Greetings all. Just saw my first Blackwood in person today in the showroom at my local dealership here in Kelowna, BC-Canada. Was told that Ford doesn't offer them through Canadian dealers. So my local dealership purchased it in the States, and brought it over. I've heard that they're rare to even find in the US. Wonder how many there are across Canada? Whom ever gets this one is going to have the only Blackwood within quite a few miles, this side of the border.

They haven't gotten around to pricing it out as of yet. Was told that it was close to $100K(CDN) by the time all the taxes/freight/duty/exchange rate, etc was paid on it. Ouchy momma. For a pickup that is not even S/Ced??? But it is a nice truck to look at. Not sure I really like the black stained wood across the bed. And speaking of the bed, why bother? Couple bags of golf clubs, or a bed full a groceries and that's really all that's going in there. I personally think the interior in the new'02 Harley D. F150 is nicer than this thing.

Anyone know just how many Blackwoods were produced? Was it just for one model year?

Old 04-18-2002, 07:42 AM
I don't know the production numbers but I heard rumors of 25,000 units. They were a one year production model. I also heard that they "sold" less then 500 units. Any way you do the math it leaves alot of trucks that Ford (Lincoln) has to move.

I saw & drove one recently in Petersburg, VA and the dealer was VERY "motivated" to move it out. When I jokingly offered 42k they were all over me. I think you could easily "haggle" your way in to one for less then $40k which would put it in close proximity to the cost of the F150 "King Ranch" model.

I think that if they made this a 4WD vehical it would have done alot better in the market place. I think that many trucks ARE bought for the IMAGE and the Blackwoods image is just to "soft" for many would be "truck" owners. It is as if the truck is trying to hard to "cross-over" as a passanger car.

I must admit that is is a very fine vehical. You can get one at deep discount and when driving you will not likily ever see another in traffic.

Petrol

Old 05-02-2002, 11:52 AM
I have seen only one blackwood on the road here in tampa. Actually he was driving on BB downs and raced a damn silver lightning like an idiot. The lightning guy roasted his tires and left a nice trail for both of us to follow. lol with a little egging on by me of course. I wanted to see a show

Old 05-05-2002, 10:44 AM
In St. Louis, I have only seen a few of these on the road. I was told Marshall Faulk of the Rams owns one.

Old 05-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Really Old "Member"
Haggling as we speak

Evening all:

The lease on my '99 Lightning is up tomorrow and I went shopping today for a replacement.

The two vehicles on my list were a Harley Davidson SC/SC and a Diesel engined Excursion. Love my Lightning, but three years in a very closed cab environment and having to lift the lid everytime I need to carry anything made me decide to change.

The Lightning was due for service and was really ratty looking (lots of rain here lately) so I took it to my dealer of choice which is the Lincoln dealer next to the Ford dealer where I leased the Lightning for service and a complete detailing.

I have followed the saga of the Blackwood since it was first announced and have always had a mild interest but never saw one. Lo and behold, my Lincoln dealer just got in two. One with normal equipment and one with the navigation system, the only option available it seems. Just for grins, I asked the salesman who leased us our 02 Continental what kind of a deal he would
make me on the less expensive one.

That started a whole round of negotiations with the salesman, the used car manager and finally the general sales manager getting into the act. Bear in mind that I am trying to trade a Lightning with chip'n filter, full Bassani exhaust and a few other goodies at a Lincoln dealership!

I don't know where it will end up, but the trade in price has gone up $3K so far, the interest rate down 1.5 points and I have sent them searching for "Red Carpet Lease Owner Loyalty Discount" and any other thing I can think of.

Right now, we are at my truck and payments of $670 a month for 36 months which is not really all that bad. But, I think they are more motivated than that and I am going to counter with an offer of $600 a month plus tax ($30) and I want the one with the navigation system which is a $1200 option.

A Lightning it ain't, but it has 300 hp and a very willing engine that begs for some simple mods to make maybe 350/360 without stressing it. And...........talk about bells and whistles! Those LEDs in the bed are just too pimp, but cute. Heated and airconditioned front seats, power just about everything including the bed cover. Heck, my wife might even drive it which is something I could never get her to do with the Lightning.

Stay tuned, I will report in tomorrow.
Bill

Quick Reply: Might as well delete this forum