Lincoln Blackwood & Mark LT

Mark LT Verses King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark LT Verses King Ranch

I am going to purchase a new 2007 SuperCrew. I have almost ruled out the Mark LT for two reasons. (1) the $2000 seems to only buy real wood trim over the cost of a King ranch. (2) I am not sure if the Lincoln name plate says work truck like a King Ranch or Lariat would. Am I missing something? I have researched and researched and the only thing I find equipment wise that the LT has over the Ford is real wood trim, too much chrome and nice leather that can be had if you by the King Ranch. I know there are some cosmetic differences in the grill and hood on the LT, but I can take them or leave them over the regular F-150. Anyone know anything I dont or has a comment?

Old 03-27-2007, 08:22 AM
I believe the Lincoln's come with a few extra perks. First year of service is free. There's an added warranty period as well (+1 year, +12k miles, I think).

When I purchased mine, the dealers were having such a difficult time moving them, I was able to get a VERY good deal on it. Actually cheaper than a similar F150 from a Ford dealer.

Best,
Rick

Originally Posted by TXTruckMan
I am going to purchase a new 2007 SuperCrew. I have almost ruled out the Mark LT for two reasons. (1) the $2000 seems to only buy real wood trim over the cost of a King ranch. (2) I am not sure if the Lincoln name plate says work truck like a King Ranch or Lariat would. Am I missing something? I have researched and researched and the only thing I find equipment wise that the LT has over the Ford is real wood trim, too much chrome and nice leather that can be had if you by the King Ranch. I know there are some cosmetic differences in the grill and hood on the LT, but I can take them or leave them over the regular F-150. Anyone know anything I dont or has a comment?

Old 03-28-2007, 08:03 PM
The Lincoln warranty is longer, 5/60k (roadside assistance) with 12/12k free maint. However, I have a Mark LT, and my neighbor has a King Ranch; he paid about $1200 more the KR, because I don't have power pedals, or power rear window. NOW, the difference is this; go look at a used King Ranch, and see how the seats fade, age, take on their characteristics. His seat looks absolutely horrible for a $40k+ dollar truck. They look like an old leather basketball that's worn out. My Mark seat although I wonder what they'll look like in another five years, still have their color and everything else (even wrinkles). I'm not sure my LT has real wood, I'm sure it’s the same 'plastic' in the Lariat; I think the seats are really the only difference. My neighbor swears my truck rides smother than his; I think they're the same.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the note. The Castano leather in the KR does cause some concern, but I am used to babying leather in my 17 year old Benz. The Lincoln description from Edmunds says real wood trim so I will have to do some more investigating. Are the seats in your LT leather all around or just leather surfaces where you sit? Did you get all the chrome or the monochromatic package?

Old 03-30-2007, 07:21 AM
I've never seen the KR leather, so I can't comment on it. The LT leather is very soft and is all around. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the softness of the leather.

I have the chrome package, and I think it looks great. The truck really stands out. I did not get the 4x4 option, but opted for the Limited Slip instead, as well as every other option (including power rear window, towing package, etc.). I walked out the door around $30k plus tax.

I also put a Trilogy supercharger kit on it. Pushing 9.5lbs of boost, it really makes the truck come alive

Thanks for the note. The Castano leather in the KR does cause some concern, but I am used to babying leather in my 17 year old Benz. The Lincoln description from Edmunds says real wood trim so I will have to do some more investigating. Are the seats in your LT leather all around or just leather surfaces where you sit? Did you get all the chrome or the monochromatic package?

Old 03-31-2007, 04:29 AM
I went through the same dilemma before I bought my Mark LT. I Originally thought that it wasn't worth the extra $2,000, but after spending a little more time investigating here is what I found out that ultimately led me to buying the Mark LT.

(in no particular order)
1. Real Wood
2. Free Maintenance
3. Longer warranty
4. Free Roadside assistance
5. Softer leather
6. Leather trimmed shifter ****.
7. Rides smoother. ( I have 3 friends who each own Lariats or a King Ranch and all 3 say they notice the difference in the ride.
8. Smoother power delivery
9. MAIN REASON: If you work your deal correctly you should be able to go home with an LT for the same price as a King Ranch.
In my case I actually got my Mark LT for $2,000 LESS than what the Lariat would have cost me.
Mine was a 2006 and they had $5,000 cash back at the time, so I don't know if the same offer applies for the 2007 model.

Bottom line is this: if you like the perks that the Lincoln has, it is definitely worth the extra $2,000 - but you shouldn't even have to pay that extra $2,000 if you work your deal correctly.

One other thing that I learned was that pricing can very quite a bit from dealer to dealer so make sure that you shop around.

The Lincoln dealer by my house marks their trucks up $2,500 over sticker price!! Bastards!! Truly they just don't get any resistance in that area, so they take advantage of it.

I drove 15 minutes up the freeway to find another dealer who were willing to wheel and deal like I wanted.

Obviously that is who I bought it from.

Anyway ... good luck making your decision, but I will say that I love my Mark LT and even though it didn't end up costing me extra to get it, I can honestly say that I would definitely pay $2,500 more for it now that I have owned it for 8 months.

Just love the ride of it, the leather and trim, and the free maintenance is cool too. (they will even give you a rental car for free if you want one) The perks of owning a Lincoln.

Hope this helps!!

SIDE NOTE: I have a friend who is the parts manager for a Lincoln / Ford dealership and he has already got me the new 2007 grille for me to switch out. The next thing on the agenda is to get the new rear lights with the chrome trim around them. I just like the way those two things look, so I had him take care of those for me.

Last edited by Jared Mark LT; 03-31-2007 at 04:46 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I have the Palomino interior, I would opt for the gray or black. I previously owned a 96 Trooper with leather that was babied for day one. I clean and conditioned every six months, when I got rid of it, the new owner loved how the interior looked. The Lincoln I've owned for about six months, I've cleaned and conditioned twice already because this color shows dirt very easily. I think the seating surfaces are leather, but I wanna say I ready somewhere it's actually faux leather (?). My LT is an 06, and the Monochromatic scheme wasn't available until 07. I like the chrome, but that White Chocolate monochromatic truck really looks sweet. I have all options minus 4x4, power window, & power pedals. Since there aren't an awful lot of LT's around here, dealers are willing to deal. I got $11k+ off of mine.
Versus King Ranch fords, I like the LT because everyone says, "It's a Lincoln though", here in South Texas there are millions of Ford trucks, KR, on down. Still there aren't many Lincolns.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JPalmer121
His seat looks absolutely horrible for a $40k+ dollar truck. They look like an old leather basketball that's worn out.
Ehhh... let's speak to the other side of this coin though. I owned s 2001 King Ranch (the original) and traded it in on my 2005 King Ranch (in the garage). My 01', when traded, looked almost new. My 05's seats, with 30k on the ticker, look nearly new.

The point being, I've meticulously babied the leather and, as such, it has taken good care of me as well.

It all boils down to this from a seating surface perspective -- the KR's Castano encompasses the entire seat -- in short, if it's brown and on a seating surface, it's leather. That includes the backs of the front seats and also side bolsters etc. (Ford did cheapen it up in the rear seat with a bit of brown fabric behind the center arm rest). The Mark, while it's a beautiful truck, will only feature leather on seating surfaces -- those surfaces include bottom and back of the seats. The other panels are pleather.

This, obviously, isn't that big of a deal as it's the current paradigm within the automotive industry and several 'high end' vehicle companies also do this to cover a tad of cost.

With that said, the additional leather'd areas may be either a blessing (as spun above) or a curse because of the additional conditioning areas.

The moral -- take great care of the leather and it will last just like any other piece of fine leather. I concur that some of the KR's that I've seen both here and on ebay look HORRIBLE -- and that's a light term but, rest assured that with the proper care, protection, cleaning, and conditioning (and also the use of a lot of common sense (like not spilling colas on the seat and not letting the kiddo have a ice cream sundae in the backseat)); your seats will last the duration of the truck.

-RP-

Old 04-04-2007, 01:48 AM
I fell into my Mark LT. I wanted the Lariat or King Ranch because I use my truck for a little construction work but couldn't pass up the LT for the price. Now when I go to work at someone's house they think I get paid too much! I got every option- monochrome, 4X4, sliding rear, power pedals, sirius with 6 months and only paid $29,500 before taxes! Deal was so good, my dad bought the matching maroon one the next day. Although it doesn't look like a work truck, it is fully capable and if you get a swinging deal you won't be disappointed.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:09 AM
I think a lot of the Mark LT is the fact that many do not look at it like it is a real truck. Many see it and think it is just a "wealthy man's wanna-be truck" which is not the case with it. It can do any job that the F150 can do, but it just doesn't look like a truck that can work.

I opted for a loaded up FX4 and I never even considered looking at the Mark LT as I really did not want a Lincoln at this point (I wanted something more sporty, not all the chrome, etc...). If they are still making them down the road I may give them a closer look next time as they sure are nice and hearing about the extra "perks" Lincoln offers, it may be worth it.

Last edited by ameration; 04-06-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RockPick
Ehhh... let's speak to the other side of this coin though. I owned s 2001 King Ranch (the original) and traded it in on my 2005 King Ranch (in the garage). My 01', when traded, looked almost new. My 05's seats, with 30k on the ticker, look nearly new.

The point being, I've meticulously babied the leather and, as such, it has taken good care of me as well.

It all boils down to this from a seating surface perspective -- the KR's Castano encompasses the entire seat -- in short, if it's brown and on a seating surface, it's leather. That includes the backs of the front seats and also side bolsters etc. (Ford did cheapen it up in the rear seat with a bit of brown fabric behind the center arm rest). The Mark, while it's a beautiful truck, will only feature leather on seating surfaces -- those surfaces include bottom and back of the seats. The other panels are pleather.

This, obviously, isn't that big of a deal as it's the current paradigm within the automotive industry and several 'high end' vehicle companies also do this to cover a tad of cost.

With that said, the additional leather'd areas may be either a blessing (as spun above) or a curse because of the additional conditioning areas.

The moral -- take great care of the leather and it will last just like any other piece of fine leather. I concur that some of the KR's that I've seen both here and on ebay look HORRIBLE -- and that's a light term but, rest assured that with the proper care, protection, cleaning, and conditioning (and also the use of a lot of common sense (like not spilling colas on the seat and not letting the kiddo have a ice cream sundae in the backseat)); your seats will last the duration of the truck.

-RP-

I am glad you said it and saved me the time.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Suspended
I have a REALLY hard time believing any difference in ride quality or "power delivery" between an F150 and LT with the same options (ie drivetrain and gear ratio).

I would love to know what is different between the two that would make that possible...different shocks and springs that diminishes the tow ratings for a softer ride?

A different PCM program for a smoother power band? Unlikely... I don't see why Ford wouldn't use the same for both.

The difference you and your friends all swear by is most likely perceived.

Oh, and as for the warranty being longer on the Lincoln, not true. Ford has 5/60 now too...the difference would be first year free maintenance, that's all. Oh, and the Ford has free roadside assistance as well...

Old 02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
The power train warranty is the same from 2007 on, 5yrs/60k miles. However the bumper to bumper warranty is 3yrs/36k miles on the Ford and 4yrs/50k on the Mark LT.
I also noticed that some F-150 owners have put on Mark LT grills, headlights and Lincoln logo medallions. I have never heard of a Mark LT owner putting on a Ford grill or blue oval medallions!

Quick Reply: Mark LT Verses King Ranch