Lightning

dual fuel pump resistor

Old 04-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dual fuel pump resistor

I have a 00 lightning and i installed 2 walbro 255's a month ago. now my truck runs like crap. I check my fuel pressure and at idle fuel pressure is at 25-27 psi koeo its at 33 psi. so i check the voltage on my fuel circuit and voltage is at 12v at prime then it goes down to around 3-4v. so I checked my fuel pump resistor and it ohms out at 1.2 ohms. so I've been on this site all day to see what upgrades my lightning brothers were doing and i like the 2 resistors set up with the heat sink. So i bought 2 heat sinks for a few dollars and I'm going to order the fuel pump resistor tonight. My big question is does the dual resistor provide a full 12v to the walbros?? i don't want to do the full fuel system upgrade or jumper the hi low relay but i don't want to shorten the life of the expensive fuel pumps. Another question i have is what is the resistor ohm out at??

Thanks in advance

Old 05-06-2014, 12:52 PM
there are two relays for fuel pumps hi and lo pressure lo pressure at idle power runs thru resistor hi at boost relay bypasses resistor pumps run full voltage 70psi

Old 09-21-2014, 06:55 PM
also I have that problem with the voltage, as is repair

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dual fuel pump resistor