Lightning

99 lightning standard spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 lightning standard spark plugs

Hi

I would like to know what spark plug would you recommend for a stock 99 lightning that use the short spark plug thread.

I know that a lot of people uses the ngk tr6, but I'm located in europe and they are not the easier to find, I also see that someone uses a colder BR7EF, what about using a BR6EF on a standard lightning?

Or should I use the standard motorcraft spark plugs?

I don't want them to get more power just to run fine at idle and ok for the thread, I think that when using an aftermarket spark plug you get a full thread spark plug to use on the short thread of the 99 lightning?

Thanks

Old 09-24-2007, 11:25 PM
The stock plug is fine unless you start upping the boost.

Here's a chart a lot of people use.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:40 AM
Keep the stock plugs

Hi, I am also in the UK, I had my plugs changed last year, and I was recommended by a USA trained technician that I stick to the Ford plugs - nothing wrong with these plugs unless you get onto the tuning band wagon..

Originally Posted by Maxi_Z
Hi

I would like to know what spark plug would you recommend for a stock 99 lightning that use the short spark plug thread.

I know that a lot of people uses the ngk tr6, but I'm located in europe and they are not the easier to find, I also see that someone uses a colder BR7EF, what about using a BR6EF on a standard lightning?

Or should I use the standard motorcraft spark plugs?

I don't want them to get more power just to run fine at idle and ok for the thread, I think that when using an aftermarket spark plug you get a full thread spark plug to use on the short thread of the 99 lightning?

Thanks

Quick Reply: 99 lightning standard spark plugs