Lightning

Truck will start then die.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking "i Know I Am Very Thankful The Info I Recieve From This Forum

" I would like to say i am very thankful, For all the useful infomation i have recieved on this forum. " yes i am willing to take all the B.S. Because most of us mean well and try to help each other we just spread a little B.S. once in a while no offence intended. tom

Old 09-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks eodtech72, I have been having some cutout issues also, ended up not being that, but was worth the cheap try. still havn't found it.
99-01 Ls had an issue with this relay, and Ford supposedly corrected it for 02, since mine was a early 02 I tried it anyway.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by eodtech72
What this is the Lightning forum?? Guess I was in the wrong place....thanks for bringing that to my attention LTNDave. You are the unopposed Master of the Obvious...

For the rest of you sane Lightning owners I hope this is useful, I know I get alot of info from Lightning forums AS WELL AS the HD forums. Most people are thankful for shared information/knowledge. I'm done.
Thanks for the info! Your welcome here anytime. Just a guess, Explosive Ordnance Disposal?

Old 09-20-2007, 11:56 AM
D Davis, sorry that wasn't it but at least only a $5 try rather than my $100 attempt. Is your problem posted somewhere so I can read about it?

wgood, Thanks for the welcome and you guessed right.....

Old 09-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Nope , not listed on here, have been off the site for a while, the issue seems so random at times we are looking at possable loose ground etc. maybe from when we had the trans out. most of the time as soon as I hear or feel it start to die, the gauges just go dead, but once in a while it will, catch and keep running, and gauges come back on, wierd elec issues I hate um

Old 09-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Well Hoping we got it, water dripping down from the cowl onto the ECU plug. pulled the ECU, and at the base of the pins looked like morning dew, sprayed with elec contact cleaner, and put a thin coat of dielectric grease on the plug end, bent up a little sheetmeatl shield to go over the plug and have'nt had any issues, almost a week since doing it.

Hope, Hope

Quick Reply: Truck will start then die.....