Lightning

I got a new Lightning. A Christmas Story

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-1999, 07:58 PM
Really Old "Member"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I got a new Lightning. A Christmas Story

I'll try to make this as short as possible.

As mentioned on other threads on this forum, I am blessed with a great wife. She is totally supportive of my spending 80 hours a week building up our HobbyTown USA and trying to live a life outside of that with my Lightning.

But, a Lightning is to drive, and I still spend a lot of time at home on the net and on the phone doing "business" and on this board. Over the past three years, we lost two dogs to age and one cat to the Coyotes, yes Coyotes, that have migrated to Georgia.
No Pets, and I have had them since childhood.

I asked Pat to get me either a Ferett (SP?) or a Vietnamese Pot Bellied Pig for a Christmas present. She did not like either alternative.

Last night, I arrived late at home and Pat said "I have your pet". Said pet was a "Ragdoll" cat, 10 weeks old. According to Pat, this is a fairly new breed, 12 years or so, that grows up to be around 25 pounds and is almost like a dog in it's intelligence and general behavior. I'd never heard of the name or the breed, but let me tell you, this is a cat with an attitude and a ball to be with.

The cat has "points" on each paw and the tail, and in my case they were black. I thought, four tires and a rear bumper accent in black, and with his attitude, I named him Lightning.

Pat mentioned casually, that they "had one more left from the litter and Lightning might be lonely". Today, the breeder delivered Lightnings's brother to our shop as a Christmas present for Pat.

I am sitting in my home office at this moment watching the battle of the titans between these two guys as to who can get the most of my attention. Never in my life have I have seen two cats like this. Took over the house in a couple of hours.

BTW, the name of Lightnings brother................Thunder.

PS: Damn cats cost as much as a Superchip and Sal's filter combined each!@!

------------------
Bill Murray
99.5 Lightning
Oxford White
Bedrug/ARE LSII lid

Tow Package CD Player
Superchip
HobbyTownUSA Graphics
Identical 1/10 Scale Tamiya RC Truck incl. graphics.
Truck interest e-mail:
fastwhitey@myf150.com
4 heavy decals!
Kennesaw (Atlanta) Ga.

Old 12-22-1999, 11:49 PM
Thumbs up

Ragdoll cats are the best, they love to be held and just completely relax when you pick them up. That's where their name comes from. All in all, they're the closest to a dog you'll ever find in a cat.

Old 12-23-1999, 12:00 AM
Ragdolls are cool cats.
I have two cats, they are better in pairs.

Good luck with the cats.

Last edited by 2000Silverbulletonorder; 06-21-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-23-1999, 01:03 PM
I never heard of that breed of cat. I wonder how they compare to Maine Coon Kittens which are supposed to be the hardiest breed of cat.

------------------
Sandy (Spider) Scott
99 White Lightning

Old 12-23-1999, 01:22 PM
I have to say love the names... thunder and lightning! Now if cats just didn't make me sneeze....

------------------
* 99.5 Black Lightning
* Factory CD Changer
* Class 3 Towing Hitch
* Factory Tonneau Cover
* 8" Bazooka Tubs
* Kenwood 80 watt *2 amp
* 50% Window Tint
* Viper 550 Alarm w/ remort start
* 98 Yamaha Banshee w/ Toomey T5 Chrome pipes often found in the bed..

Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown. 99 Lightning, the best of both worlds!

Quick Reply: I got a new Lightning. A Christmas Story