Lightning

Sal..know anything about a fuse fro the tranny? 94 lightning

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-1999, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sal..know anything about a fuse fro the tranny? 94 lightning

Hi Sal..a guy i met at the strip said he discovered that by pulling out the top right fuse in his fusebox on his 94 lightning made the truck shift much firmer than stock..i rode in his truck and he is correct about that. However, the speedo gets shut off and i was wondering if you knew anything about this fuse and what the negative side effects may be if any?...thanx..it's probably re hash for you but i love my 94

Dave 94 black lightning

Old 11-02-1999, 04:50 AM
Hey this is not Sal,but dont do that to your truck Im sure he will tell you the same.He may be able to give you a good explanation about it.I dont know the tech reasons.I know just dont do it hehe.

------------------
95Lightning(9psi boost)
NLOC MEMBER
Marcus Harrison

Old 11-02-1999, 07:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Hey Dave, Sal here. BAD BAD BAD!! DON'T pull the fuse. Pulling that fuse cuts off the signal to the speedo module. The result is the PCM goes into limp mode. Without a vehilce speed signal, the PCM does not know how fast you are going, and cranks the trans pressure way up. It also won't shift right, and disables your ABS and air bag systems. I could go on with more reasons not to do it, but let's just say, DON'T do it!!

SAL

------------------
Power Surge Performance--- Your SOURCE for SVT Lightning EFI Tuning and Performance!! http://members.aol.com/NLOCsvt/svt.html

Old 11-02-1999, 02:27 PM
thanx guys..i just thought i'd ask before i did anything stupid. Thank god for this board..lol

Dave

Quick Reply: Sal..know anything about a fuse fro the tranny? 94 lightning