Lightning

Does Anyone think that Lightning's wll Increase In value If Ford decides to Kill it.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fyi

I was at a couple ford dealers over the past couple of weeks because my sister was looking for a new escape. A couple of the SVT dealers, especially the one i bought my trucks from, I saw advertising for 28,500 brand new. Then the news came that ford was shelving the lightning. Now, they have the priced at 36k and they are budging. They had a couple of used ones that must have been out on the power lease programs, both of them had under 10k miles, both of them were marked at 32k.

I think the fact of the matter is now they aren't making them, who ever has them on the lot is going to name their price and that's what someone is going to pay if they want one.

Depending on what else comes out in the near future, i think the sellers, even private are gonna dictate the market. Even they are in the book used for say one example 15k. Knowing someone is gonna try to beat me down, I'd ask like 17k. Somone may come along and actually buy it for 17k. If that keeps happing, they may not actually appreciate, but the seller might have more control over the market.

Think of all the kids that don't even have their licenses now, that have been watching these trucks for years and couldn't wait to buy one. Well they aren't there. Now even if some new super trucks come out will they be able to afford 30-40k. Probably not. They are gonna start looking for used lightnings, or SRT10's or whatever. Not too many people are gonna be trading them in because they are gonna get low balled, so private sale might be where it's at.

I guess time will tell?

Old 03-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
The 99's are worth about 15 grand -
Is that holding thier value ?
Even the best 99 isnt worth much more

Doug
I agree.
I still haven't got any bites on my 2001 with 41K miles. I'm only asking $16K and it has a built engine and tranny...

It's no beauty queen.

I think it is based on the price of gas. If gas was $1.00 a gallon we might be able to get top dollar for our trucks.

Old 03-08-2005, 01:17 PM
wow, only $16k, that sounds like a steal for a built motor + tranny. are you offering stock wheels w/ the purchase?

Old 03-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Re: Does Anyone think that Lightning's wll Increase In value If Ford decides to Kill it.

Originally posted by FatherLarry
Does Anyone think that Lightning's wll Increase In value If Ford decides to Kill it......?,

I do.
Looks like FatherLarry changed his mind. He just traded his L in on a SSR.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:06 AM
I can think of one!

Originally Posted by philosophico
Its a truck. Name a truck that is deem collectable and worth money. Cant think of any right? Hopefully that answers your question.
1990 454 ss not worth a ton but are more to purchase now than when I was in highschool...

Old 04-11-2014, 01:13 AM
Very true...

Originally Posted by tallimeca
I was at a couple ford dealers over the past couple of weeks because my sister was looking for a new escape. A couple of the SVT dealers, especially the one i bought my trucks from, I saw advertising for 28,500 brand new. Then the news came that ford was shelving the lightning. Now, they have the priced at 36k and they are budging. They had a couple of used ones that must have been out on the power lease programs, both of them had under 10k miles, both of them were marked at 32k.

I think the fact of the matter is now they aren't making them, who ever has them on the lot is going to name their price and that's what someone is going to pay if they want one.

Depending on what else comes out in the near future, i think the sellers, even private are gonna dictate the market. Even they are in the book used for say one example 15k. Knowing someone is gonna try to beat me down, I'd ask like 17k. Somone may come along and actually buy it for 17k. If that keeps happing, they may not actually appreciate, but the seller might have more control over the market.

Think of all the kids that don't even have their licenses now, that have been watching these trucks for years and couldn't wait to buy one. Well they aren't there. Now even if some new super trucks come out will they be able to afford 30-40k. Probably not. They are gonna start looking for used lightnings, or SRT10's or whatever. Not too many people are gonna be trading them in because they are gonna get low balled, so private sale might be where it's at.

I guess time will tell?
In regards to this I agree... I own a 2000 lightning book says it's worth 10k but for fun I wanted to see what a dealer would give on trade... 6500 go figure but to private party I have been offered 15k I am going to hold on to mine put more money to fix it back to 100% restored and hold it for a while that's just me... But when I say put money in it I mean drop about 10 grand to get it to show room condition maybe even see if roush will mod it for me to have a one of a kind...

Old 04-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Brentleyk2001
In regards to this I agree... I own a 2000 lightning book says it's worth 10k but for fun I wanted to see what a dealer would give on trade... 6500 go figure but to private party I have been offered 15k I am going to hold on to mine put more money to fix it back to 100% restored and hold it for a while that's just me... But when I say put money in it I mean drop about 10 grand to get it to show room condition maybe even see if roush will mod it for me to have a one of a kind...
You know I think I have been seeing an increase in Lightning pricing lately.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:56 PM
I just bought one yesterday, I know it's worth more already...of course I worked on it all day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does Anyone think that Lightning's wll Increase In value If Ford decides to Kill it.