Lightning

Do Lightnings have wheel locks? If so, where is the key?

Old 10-25-2004, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Lightnings have wheel locks? If so, where is the key?

So I drove up to visit my friend in West Palm Beach on Friday night. Upon waking up on his couch Saturday, I gathered my things and left, only to discover as I'm driving away that my rear passenger side tire was completely flat. I call AAA, wait three hours, and then a young kid in an old van pulls up.

Now it get's good.

We attempted to lower the spare tire, but no good. After reading the instructions it turns out this spare tire key I'm SUPPOSED to have was never given to me or included in the manual case.
I ask if he can take the tire off and drive me down the street to have it plugged. " Sorry man, I've got things to do" he says.

*** DID I MENTION IT WAS POURING RAIN ALL DAY?
MMM...YEAH, I GUESS I NEEDED AN ADDED CHALLENGE!

So I wait another three hours for a flat bed, have the truck towed to the nearest tire place, ( Goodyear Gemini) where they take off the tire and discover a long piece of a broken drill bit was lodged dangerously close to the side wall.

So now, I have to purchase a new tire, throw away a perfectly good tire with excellent tread on it, and have my tire key replaced.

Not the best weekend in recent memory!

Oh yeah, Thursday my roommate tells me he's moving out soon,
JPMorgon Chase merges with Bank One has sends me their NEW APR's and various finance charges they will be applying.., I call their help line and she says basically that if any current Chase, JP Morgon, or Bank One credit card holders make a single payment late, your APR will jump to 28.9% APR!!!

it's like what the hell! All these things are minor in the grand scheme of things, but having all of this happen the same weekend was frustrating. I was close to a damn nervous breakdown for a while there.

So, if our trucks supposedly have wheel locks, why was the AAA guy able to take the wheel off without a problem?

I was never given either the wheel lock key or spare tire key when I bought the truck.

/ Rant off.

Old 10-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Re: Do Lightnings have wheel locks? If so, where is the key?

Originally posted by 2003BlkSVTL

So, if our trucks supposedly have wheel locks, why was the AAA guy able to take the wheel off without a problem?
did you ask him....?

Originally posted by 2003BlkSVTL
was never given either the wheel lock key or spare tire key when I bought the truck./ Rant off.
bring it up with the dealer...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=172844

Old 10-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Mine had them... They were in the glove box..

Jello

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do Lightnings have wheel locks? If so, where is the key?