Lightning

Help...CD changer magazine stuck

Old 04-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help...CD changer magazine stuck

I have the stock 6 disc CD changer, and it's been fine for 3 years...it was running good today, but when I tried to advance to another disc, it said "CDDJ ERROR", and quit playing the CDs. I turned the unit off and on, and it didn't go away. I tried to eject the CD magazine, but it wouldn't pop out. Is there another way to eject the magazine (without destroying the changer)? Thanks!

Old 04-11-2004, 01:23 AM
You might have to pull the changer and take the cover off to manually trigger the eject button. It's a pain in the azz, but probably the only way to do it without destroying anything. I had this happen to an aftermarket changer once and that;s how I was able to get it out.

Old 04-11-2004, 02:31 AM
One person I know who had a CD stuck ended up disonnecting the battery for about 1/2 hour. After he reconnected the battery, he was able to eject the CD.

Another person removed the head unit and disassembled it to remove a couple stuck CDs.

I've had a couple CDs get stuck in the changer in my wife's Sport Trac. Each time, I was able to open the CD door, carefully grasp the CD with either a pair of needle-nose pliers or a large pair of tweezers, and pull it out.

Note that I've found that some brands of CD-R are thicker than others (not sure which ones now). These will get stuck fairly easily. If you're making your own CDs to play in your truck, stick with the thinner discs and leave off the labels.

Old 04-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Happened to me and I tried everything to get it out. There is no way to you a needle nose on the stock unit if it mounted behind the passenger seat.

I eventually took to the dealer because it was still in warranty then. Got a new unti installed.

It's a pain becasue the stuck CD is in the read part of the unit and only partially in the magazine.

Hopefully someone will have the answer.

Old 04-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I went back this morning and tried to get a closer look at the changer. It looks like the #4 disc holder was still in the "read" side of the changer. I tried pushing on the mag while pushing the eject button. What was weird was that it pulled the #4 holder into the mag, then it went back to the stuck position. This happened a few more times, but it finally ejected with all the discs in place. I only use pre-recorded CDs in my changer, and they have never caused any problems. I guess if it keeps happening, I'll take it to the dealer and let them mess with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help...CD changer magazine stuck