Lightning

Eagle One Chrome Wheel Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Eagle One Chrome Wheel Cleaner

I have tried about every wheel/chrome cleaning spray out there. I just tried some of the Eagle 1 chrome wheels cleaner and its just plain awsome. It must have sort of acidic property to it since it burns your hand if you have even a scrape on it. Anyhow, I soaked my rims in it, let it sit, then power washed it off to a perfect shine.

I also sprayd it on the bottom of the ground effects, my tag, my fog lights, and my exhaust tips. It caused my fog light lenses to actually whiten some (99-00 style)..and my exhaust tips looked brand new without ANY rubbing (just power washing)...they arent shiney but they look spotless and clean and I didnt even have to touch them. Just something to try if you want to pick some up for yourself.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:46 PM
Banned
Its great stuff. You should see how it comes out when you hit it with a power washer

Theres also this high end stuff i get from Griots that is pretty killer too, but a hell of a lot more expensive.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:34 PM
I did use a power washer, thats the only way I ever clean my truck. I have seen the Griots web page, but have never orderd from them... I was suprised how much stronger the eagle 1 is compared to the other brands at autozone and such..

Old 07-30-2003, 02:37 PM
I've never tried that stuff but it sounds good. I use Mother's wheel cleaner and love it, it completely dissolves break dust even on textured aluminum rims.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:56 PM
I have bought 1/2 dozen bottles of wheel cleaner. The Eagle A to Z is the only way to go (for the stock painted wheels).

FRITZ, Stock Silver 2001 "L" BaBolt's s/s tips.

Old 07-30-2003, 03:09 PM
Banned
If you can find the Orange Lightning Wheel Cleaner, thats another kickass product and very light on the wallet

Old 07-30-2003, 04:36 PM
I am not a "metals" expert but don't you have to be especially careful with chrome. I would think the acidity in the cleaner would damage the chrome plating. Perhaps great results but a year later no chrome left on the rims. Someone chime in...

Old 07-30-2003, 04:47 PM
its not that strong... If it was going to damage it, it would happen the 1st time you used it. I had a friend however who DID mess up his wheels with a product call "Wheel Acid" .. it aparantly works very well but has to be rinsed almost imediatly...now that I would worry about using.

Old 07-30-2003, 04:54 PM
I actually was going to post on this stuff, the Eagle Chrome Wheel Cleaner. I just got some and it is the best wheel cleaner I've come across so far. I have a two step system to make my 20's gleam: First wash all four down with regular car wash soap and get most of the dust/dirt off. Second, spray each wheel down separatley with the cleaner and let sit about 20 seconds, then use a wash mitt to scrub the wheels with the cleaner on them. Hose off, and enjoy the.....BLING

Old 07-30-2003, 04:59 PM
see Im all about being more lazy, I work hard enough keeping my daily driven L spotless as it is. I loved this stuff since I didnt have to do anything but spray on, blast off....gotta love it...but mostly it cleaned my exhaust tips without any effort what so ever.

Quick Reply: Eagle One Chrome Wheel Cleaner