Lightning

2002 Lighting PCM

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Lighting PCM

I've got a 02 Lighting and it started to misfire. I put a code scanner and came back with a misfire on Cylinder 3.

I took it in to the dealer and they say they got two misfires codes. The dealer changed out the plugs on Cylinders 3 and 5 and installed new Motorcraft COP. After a couple of minutes it started to misfire again. Tech checked harnes and checks out ok. Tech advises the issue is with the PCM driver and needs to be replaced. However, dealer says PCM is no longer available, and can't do any to fix truck.

If it's the PCM driver that's bad then I assume it's the hardware that needs to be replaced. A new flash isn't going to help.

Truck needs to be smogged and registered by next month and I can't pass smog till misfire is fixed.

Can any one help with an 02 lighting PCM? I tryed online no luck. I did a search at several wrecking salvage yards in Southern CA- no luck.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:24 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Contact one of the companies that do PCM repairs and ask them about your specific circumstance. www.circuitboardmedics.com is a sponsor on one of the sister sites to this one, perhaps here also.

Quick Reply: 2002 Lighting PCM