Lightning

I'm in Truckin', BUT AM I PISSED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 09:52 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in Truckin' BUT AM I PISSED!!!

Check out page 263 of this months Truckin' magazine.

Does the image that they used for their full page company ad, in a national magazine, look familiar to anybody?

Last edited by TampaSVT; 06-25-2002 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:58 PM
BfB
Banned For Rules Violations
What, are you stating that you deserve compensation? For a picture that you wouldn't mind being posted on anything else unless it had to do w/ somebody possibly making money off of it, but yourself?

Not being crude, you'll probably hate me for stating such, but really, don't be so upset. Feel proud that they think highly of your picture and decided to use it.

As for legalities, well, sure you could state you own the picture via copyright, but what is the picture's actual worth? Nothing to a Court.

All in all, feel PROUD!

And for the future "Sue 'em", "Get a lawyer", "threaten them or else" comments to get posted under this post: Get this litigation madness off of your head's people.

BfB

Last edited by BfB; 06-25-2002 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:59 PM
Sue the Ba$tards

I will have to go look at the Magazine stand tomorow.

Maybee someone can scan it and post it for us.

Old 06-25-2002, 10:03 PM
its not a matter of being compensated,, its doing so without permission for the benefit of others,,, that is what sucks. Have you ever tried to get the perfect picture of your truck,,, its not so easy,, lots of hard work polishing and making it look perfect, lots of work and time spent of taking the picture as well.

great pic tampasvt,,, its cool that it made the pic,,, would be cooler if they asked though. i dont think its about compensation, sounds to me like its more about recognition and respect for that much time put in to make the truck look so perfect.

~Toast

Old 06-25-2002, 10:07 PM
BfB
Originally posted by whitetoast11
i dont think its about compensation, sounds to me like its more about recognition and respect for that much time put in to make the truck look so perfect.~Toast
Okay, hopefully I jumped the gun. If so, accept my post apologies Tampa, please.

But just in case whitetoast11, look at the post directly below mine and above yours. See what I mean?

BfB
'99 Red Lightning

(wait, that's not my truck! mines (sic) is an '01 Silver )

Old 06-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Rich, did you sign a release form that allowed them to do an article on your truck. If so, you need to read the fine print.

When I ran for Sport Truck, they had forms for us to sign. It allows them to use pictures of our trucks in their magazine. That included THEIR advertising. They could not use them to advertise anyone else's products.

Old 06-25-2002, 10:10 PM
Angry

Gee BfB - are you the kind of guy that would take a shot done by a professional photographer and scan it and make copies and think thats OK????

Old 06-25-2002, 10:11 PM
BfB
Originally posted by FastHarley
Gee BfB - are you the kind of guy that would take a shot done by a professional photographer and scan it and make copies and think thats OK????
So you're another sue happy one 'eh?

Old 06-25-2002, 10:16 PM
Rich, I had the same problem with Playgirl magazine.

Jim

Old 06-25-2002, 10:19 PM
bfb

Geeze, at least give the guy a post to vent a bit if he feels a bit taken advantage of. I don't see any rant about legal action; just your comment about it and how Tampa should put a lid on it.

Old 06-25-2002, 10:20 PM
LMAO

Old 06-25-2002, 10:23 PM
BfB
Originally posted by MotorCityBolt
bfb

Geeze, at least give the guy a post to vent a bit if he feels a bit taken advantage of. I don't see any rant about legal action; just your comment about it and how Tampa should put a lid on it.
Wish granted, but seriously I did apologize above if taken out of context.

Old 06-25-2002, 10:24 PM
5.0 MAGAZINE

It's always nice seeing my old ride in PSP's ad doing a big old nitrous "purge" burnout, or something...

Old 06-25-2002, 10:24 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Fellas:

Before you guys go snapping at each other over what you feel is right and wrong, let me set a couple of things straight.

1. I don't need to sue anybody for money. Just not my style.
2. It's not a feature, it's a full page add for a large parts company.
3. I'm upset that they didn't have the courtesy to ask my permission to use the photo in an add that will undoubtly make them an indirect profit.
4.The image is in a couple of web photo galleries created by me with contact information. It's not like they couldn't find me.
5. I've had other photos published. All had the courtesy to ask permission to use the images(ESL children's books, believe it or not).
6. And most important. I've busted my butt to create a vehicle that would get noticed for publication in a magazine such as Truckin'. NADA, ZIP, ZILCH. One photoshoot in the most horrible lightning conditions that couldn't have made print if my dad owned Truckin'.

I'm just not willing to slam a performance vehicle to the ground to achieve that goal.

Oh, yeah. Almost forgot. This is the 2nd. time in a week that my photos have been used in somebody else's adds for profit. Both without my permission or simple credit.

It just burns me...

Last edited by TampaSVT; 06-25-2002 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:36 PM
Wink

Rich,
I see your point, and I hope that someday they do a feature on your truck as you do deserve it. Your truck is sweet and we all know it here, but if only Truckin could figure it out we all would be happy and proud.
It is magazine quality to me brother....
Bill

Quick Reply: I'm in Truckin', BUT AM I PISSED!!!