King Ranch

King Ranch Leather problems......help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question King Ranch Leather problems......help?

I have always been a JEEP owner but I decided to buy a 2013 F150 King Ranch last year. I can honestly say I haven't looked back since or had any regrets. This truck is truly amazing. However, I am disappointed in the condition of my front seats. First it was the driver's side and now the passenger side is beginning to show the same symptoms. And hardly anyone ever rides in the passenger seat, so it can't be excessive wear/tear. I also use a window shade anytime the truck is exposed to the sun.

It looks as if the leather is cracking and chipping which leaves small white flaky spots. Shorty after buying my truck (less than 30,000 miles), I noticed the driver's seat issues. I did research and even pointed it out to my local dealership during a maintenance checkup. They recommended I read my owner's manual closely. As advised in the manual, I purchased several bottles of King Ranch conditioner and followed the instructions. I have applied it several times during the past year. But after a few days, the cracking/crunchy appearance returns. This $$$ truck is awesome in so many ways, but you would think the luxury seats would last longer. I appreciate any advice someone can offer. I apologize if this has been addressed numerous times already. I am new to the forum process and I did read several older discussions before posting. I am curious if it's a known defect in this model. It's not the old school KR leather, but the red shiny type. Sorry but I don't know the specific type of leather. Thanks!

-Jay

Old 05-03-2016, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by E-Roll
Checkout this https://www.f150online.com/forums/ki...ml#post5164745 thread and pictures. There is a ton of information on here.
You could always replace the leather with new leather or possibly seat covers. I like the Clazzio seat covers.
the only thing that will fix it is to re clear the seat. so that means sanding the seat and possibly re dying the leather then clear coating it.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the information. I am pretty sure the seats in my 2013 are different from the leather in the earlier models. My leather is not the "natural" looking type but more of a reddish leather with a slick/shiny coat. I am a bit confused on what type of leather this actually might be. The owners manual says to use KING RANCH CONDITIONER, but I get the idea this product was really intended for the natural old school leather. It might just be me, but the KR conditioner really doesn't do much for these type of seats since they are coated/shiny? thanks again.

I also have a Ford escape limited with black leather. I have used a McGuire's product a few times a year for the past 5 years. Those seats still look brand new after 5 years and 100,000 miles. It's a real bummer that her seats look better than my King Ranch........

Last edited by jwebb07; 05-11-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Quick Reply: King Ranch Leather problems......help?