King Ranch

King Ranch Owners Club shirts - circa 2003

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Ranch Owners Club shirts - circa 2003

If any of the old timers from the early days of the King Ranch F150 are still around, you may remember Brad's (Rockpick) gallant efforts forming the King Ranch Owner's Club - actually, it was the INTERNATIONAL KR Club as we we forced to include a grumpy old guy from Wales with an indubitable knowledge of the English language - Lenticular (Hi John!) )

Anyways, at that time there were grand plans for the club including annual get-togethers, secret decoder rings and the such..... and although some folks did actually meet in person, we all seemed to get to know one another quite well from the daily conversations about our prized possessions. If ever a group needed therapy, that was it....

One of the items Brad did so graciously arrange was to have International King Ranch Owner's Club shirts made. Recently de-cluttering our house, I came across the two I had purchased..... both XXL and although they have a couple light stains on them and were probably thrown in a bleached wash at some point, with a little TLC, they're still very wearable.

I need to get rid of them and will give them away as long as shipping is covered ($15 for large flat-rate USPS 2 day box in the lower 48 - paypal only). I will only make one shipment - you get both shirts.

If you're interested, send an email to mmachernis@gmail.com

If your intent is to flip and resell them on Ebay, etc.... don't bother responding....

Mike

Last edited by MikeF150; 03-21-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:42 PM
PM Sent

Old 03-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Shirts gone!

Old 03-25-2015, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by MikeF150
Shirts gone!
And the grumpy old guy from Wales is still here and watching !!

I do miss Texas and I do miss my KR especially the first one !!

And somewhere hidden away I still have a couple of KR shirts, along with those wonderful leather freebies that we had from Ford...the portfolio and the planner....just waiting for someone to offer me a price I can't refuse !

Old 03-27-2015, 10:20 PM
Hey John !!

Hope all is well..... I knew the word "grumpy" would get you out of hiding!

Believe it or not, my KR has now been abdicated to a life of pulling around a dump trailer.... Finally going to use the thing as a truck! ha-ha...

Old 04-02-2015, 12:09 AM
Hi I recently bought my King Ranch
Whats good to keep seats looking nice

Old 04-04-2015, 05:14 AM
Well, I'm still around as well. I didn't care for those "polo" style of shirts, so I never ordered any, more of a T-shirt or denim shirt guy myself. How in the heck are you guys?
My '02 SuperCab KR is almost to the point of turning over 73,000 miles! It was at 72,898 the last time I remember looking at it. I'm getting ready to move to NW Arkansas, as my wife finally found a job there. She's been unemployed since August, and my disability check doesn't go very far!

King Major, there is an entire section in regards to "KR Leather Care" in this forum. You can't beat the KR Saddle Shop Leather Conditioner or Leather CPR.

There sure hasn't been much activity in this ol' forum lately, not like it used to be anyway. Unfortunate, we had a great bunch of guys/gals, and the banter was excellent. Lenny kept us in line with his persuasive use of the English language!

Last edited by Timberdoodles; 04-04-2015 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow... some old timers showing back up for the shirts!

I still have mine as well...

Old 04-11-2015, 06:36 AM
Lenny, I still have the planner that I got from the original owner when I bought this truck. Every time I condition the seats, I give it a once over also, just to keep it looking it's best.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Hi TD,
My planner and organiser are still in their original boxes as delivered.
I think they have only ever seen the light of day once.
I still fondly remember the day a knock on the door of my home in Tx (2001?) one evening and being presented with this gift from Ford...a most pleasant surprise, and as I've remarked before I think Ford were just trying to promote the KR not realising what a success it would be.
i just hope one day when I've popped this mortal coil someone realises what they are......just the same as with a lot of stuff I've collected over the years.
Like a complete set of Texas licence plates covering every occupation/award etc.
I have a Congressional medal of honor plate, Purrple heart etc etc. (About a hundred in all all hanging in my garden chalet here in Wales.)
Most people won't have a clue what they're all about !

Old 04-29-2015, 05:27 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey, John... if you ever want to divest the aforementioned portfolio and planner, please let me know, sir! (I know we've had this discussion in the past though...)

I actually went hunting for my KROC shirts the other day... I have no Earthly idea where they are (I did find the Navy one though)...

Old 05-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Rockpick
Hey, John... if you ever want to divest the aforementioned portfolio and planner, please let me know, sir! (I know we've had this discussion in the past though...)

I actually went hunting for my KROC shirts the other day... I have no Earthly idea where they are (I did find the Navy one though)...
Don't worry...you're always at the back of my mind when I think about doing something with them...though mailing to the States might be a little pricey !!

Old 07-21-2016, 07:17 PM
Wow, I thought this world had gone away, I just purchased a new 2015 KR. Traded my last one in 2012 for a new Harley truck. These old names are all very familiar and I remember the lecture I got from Rockpicker when I ventured to make my own shirt copying his design. I thought my computer was going to burn up. I was just trying to help meant no harm. It is great to see people are still looking at the site.

Old 07-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Grumpy...me ?! As if !!!

If anything I'm even grumpier having been without a King Ranch for around 5 years.....reduced to a Jaguar XF....which of the 78 cars Ive owned in my life is one of the best. Twin turbo goes like S of a S !
Anyway I too still have my KROC international stickers and my KR shirts which I will keep for old times sake.
I even have an original KR tailgate badge on the entrance to my man cave.
Actually its the garden shed !
I wonder where that badge came from (Ahem !)
Anyway regards to all old timers who may be watching.
I cant believe how many years have passed since that first KR F150 and all the subsequent ones...

From a sunny (for once) Welsh hillside.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Crewzer
I remember the lecture I got from Rockpicker when I ventured to make my own shirt copying his design.
Ha-ha... I feel like Bevis & Butthead... he called you "Rockpicker"! LOL

OMG.. the old names still floating around... hope everyone is in good health & spirit... I know we each have had our personal challenges over the years yet we still somehow find the time to keep this bond alive....

The BIG question that has been on at least my mind is whatever happened to "Thomas" - Skagel's truck.... just haven't been able to sleep at night for the past 15 year wondering...

After all these years, I bet Dunfunnel still had the fastest KR ever out there.... (Andy - hope all is well!)

Quick Reply: King Ranch Owners Club shirts - circa 2003