King Ranch

Need help with plugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with plugs

SO here is my problem my truck is a 2005 F150 King Ranch 4x4 With the 5.4 3v with 137,110 on the odometer. I did a plug change on it and was able to get 7 of them out with no problem at all. One broke it did thread out the thread collar but the top part of porcilen and the top part of the electrode broke off now the thread collar spins free. It will lift up and down between 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch I can not get the collar to pull out to use the extractor tool to remove the sleeve I took it to Ford in Junction City Kansas they messed with it and said the only way to get it out now is to remove the head and quote me a price of $2,200 to pull it and put the head back on with new plug in. My question is any thoughts to get this out and save some money or for that money should I just buy a long block with waranty and drop in. I think that is high to just pull one head when I can buy a new motor for around the same price. So any advise will be of great help to me at this point as I am a soldier and do not make much to begin with so I am looking for the best route to go. Thanks for any help or advise on this issue as I know I am not the first to face this problem.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68508

If none of the above options work then it would be safer to remove the head. Now you can use methods that (if the the heads were still on) would result in contaminants entering the combustion chamber.

Quick Reply: Need help with plugs