King Ranch

2013 King Ranch Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 King Ranch Seats

Has anybody with a 2013 King Ranch treated or used anything on their seats. The top of the seat is a rougher grain than the rest of the seat. I'm afraid to treat the top and make it change appearance.
Thanks!

Old 11-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Bladezr1
Has anybody with a 2013 King Ranch treated or used anything on their seats. The top of the seat is a rougher grain than the rest of the seat. I'm afraid to treat the top and make it change appearance.
Thanks!
I am not so familiar with the recent leathers used but certainly had I been given a seat with previous Castano which had a different texture on one surface from the others I would want a replacement seat.
It sounds as though 2 differing hides were used in the making of the seat and I am sure over a period of time that you will start to notice a difference in the shade of the leather as you begin to treat it.
I would certainly check with your dealer and point out the difference.
Check my recent post under this thread...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ki...oft-again.html

I would not be happy if the leather was not consistent especially where you would first notice it on the top of the seat !

Old 11-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Lenticular,
I don't know if you have a 2013 King Ranch or have even seen the interior on a 2013 King Ranch but the tops of the seats or caps underneath the headrests are a suede type finish it is a flat finish compared to a gloss finish on the rest of the seat surface. Try to look online and see some pictures of the finished product. I didn't even know they were changing the seats until I took delivery of mine. None of the press or prerelease photos of the truck showed it. I know you don't treat the two differant surfaces the same. My question is what do you use on the surfaces to clean or treat. There is nothing wrong with the seats. They have changed from 2012 to 2013. That's why I asked for somebody with a 2013 King Ranch because if you don't have one or have not seen one you wouldn't know what i was referring too. But thanks for your help anyway!

Old 11-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Lenticular,
I don't know if you have a 2013 King Ranch or have even seen the interior on a 2013 King Ranch but the tops of the seats or caps underneath the headrests are a suede type finish it is a flat finish compared to a gloss finish on the rest of the seat surface. Try to look online and see some pictures of the finished product. I didn't even know they were changing the seats until I took delivery of mine. None of the press or prerelease photos of the truck showed it. I know you don't treat the two differant surfaces the same. My question is what do you use on the surfaces to clean or treat. There is nothing wrong with the seats. They have changed from 2012 to 2013. That's why I asked for somebody with a 2013 King Ranch because if you don't have one or have not seen one you wouldn't know what i was referring too. But thanks for your help anyway!
You are correct...I certainly have not seen the recent KR's !
Haven't been in the States since June 2011 !!

Old 11-18-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry if I came off sounding like a jerk, I sure respect a man with the experience and knowledge such as yourself. You have helped a lot of people with trouble and given out a lot of good advise to people who were in desperate situations on this forum. The last thing I would want to do is disrespect you. I hope you can accept my apologies if my responce offensive in any way.
Thanks for everything you do!
Listening to wisdom is something all people should do more often!

Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm sorry if I came off sounding like a jerk, I sure respect a man with the experience and knowledge such as yourself. You have helped a lot of people with trouble and given out a lot of good advise to people who were in desperate situations on this forum. The last thing I would want to do is disrespect you. I hope you can accept my apologies if my responce offensive in any way.
Thanks for everything you do!
Listening to wisdom is something all people should do more often!
Thanks for that but I hadn't felt you had said anything untoward.
If anything I felt that I had spoken without full knowledge of the subject in question !!
I would be intrigued to see what the interior is like now..in fact I would love to see a picture of how the seats look.

I do know that many of the old gang felt that when Castano was discontinued it was a retrograde step. But I equally think we all put 2 and 2 together and realised that Ford must have been getting sick of warranty claims for leather that hadn't been looked after correctly !

I was very proud to have been fortunate to own one of the very first F150 KR's and was blown away with leather that in my opinion was the equal of that fitted in the worlds finest automobiles.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:19 PM
I will get you some pictures of the interior tomorrow. Maybe then from looking at them you can give me some advise. I have owned several Ford trucks and so far I love my 2013 King Ranch. The leather on the seats is great. And as far as I'm concerned the F-150 has some of the most comfortable seats made. Especially those installed in a pickup truck. I also own a Cadillac Escalade ESV and the seats in my F-150 are more comfortable in my the Escalade and that's not just my opinion my whole family agrees.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Heres a few interior shots for you. Hopefully it helps!

Old 11-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
might want to try a photobucket acct for pics. Its a little diffcult to get pics in the post,,,, if your not really tech savy. Also think theres a question about it in "about site" topic.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was an original KR owner as well... the Castano was superior to ANYTHING that Ford has put out since then. The 'Chaparral' leather in my 2012 is FAR LESS impressive than that of my 2001 KR SuperCrew or my 2005 KR SuperCrew. While I love my 2012, it's the least impressive from an interior standpoint. From a technology standpoint, it's far superior but, I could've had the same technology in a Lariat - or even an XLT.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed with my purchase. It's a great truck and I do like the look of the Chaparral leather -- I love the beige accents and the badging. However, all of that said, the prestige of the KR has dwindled... and this will likely be my last KR -- I see the KR going the same path as the Eddie Bauer. To keep the 'marquis' feel, they're going to have to do more to get me in to another one...

Old 11-21-2012, 07:18 AM
I couldn't agree more with you RP. I have absolutely ZERO intentions of getting rid of my '02 SuperCab, mainly for those reasons. They will not be able to reproduce the "Original" Castano leather, period. I'm amazed that they have different colors of leather available in the 2013's. Black leather may look neat, but it wouldn't be any different than black vinyl when exposed to summer sun! They seem to have lost their appeal to me, and I'm glad I've only got 67,776 miles on my '02, so it should last me a while yet!

A BIG Shout out to you too Lenny! How are things across the pond?

Old 11-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Timberdoodles
I couldn't agree more with you RP. I have absolutely ZERO intentions of getting rid of my '02 SuperCab, mainly for those reasons. They will not be able to reproduce the "Original" Castano leather, period. I'm amazed that they have different colors of leather available in the 2013's. Black leather may look neat, but it wouldn't be any different than black vinyl when exposed to summer sun! They seem to have lost their appeal to me, and I'm glad I've only got 67,776 miles on my '02, so it should last me a while yet!

A BIG Shout out to you too Lenny! How are things across the pond?
Thanks for the shout TD !
Wet and windy is the answer. Yesterday I travelled from Mid Wales across the width of the country to the South East of England and didn't have the wipers off high speed setting for the whole 6 hour journey !
My only consolation is that I did it in my Jaguar XJ which really is a superb long distance machine. Travelled at 80mph most of the way and it still returns over 30 mpg...the engine barely turning over at half revs.
Sorry to hear from recent posts that the KR interiors have taken what seems to be a turn for the worse. As I said in a previous post I'm convinced it was because not enough owners either took the trouble to, or knew how to, look after the Castano correctly.
Such a pity. I will always remember the first time I saw inside the KR f150 over 10 years ago. That sold it for me even though as a limey I had never once considered in my life that I would ever own a truck !

Old 11-22-2012, 10:41 PM
I haven't had a chance to correcty photos yet I have been on the road. But there is not a Black King Ranch leather available. There is a black interior option available with black carpet, black dash, door panels, console, etc. the seats are the same Chapparal leather reddish brown color as previous. The only interior option color options are the previous tan and black and that's all it changes the seat color stays the same either way. I would have never went with the King Ranch if they did not offer the black carpet, it is very forgiving for my work environment.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Here's a photo of the 2013 KR black interior:

Old 11-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What's the button on the rear headrest? My 12 doesn't have that (I don't think).

Quick Reply: 2013 King Ranch Seats