Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > King Ranch
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

King Ranch

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 05-31-2012, 02:31 PM
2003 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150
Exclamation Sticky Steering Wheel HELP!!!

So, the owner before me...for some reason...put one of those steering wheel covers from Autozone on it.

I took it off and now the steering wheel is sticky! I have applied Mothers leather care to it multiple times over my year of having it so far but it continues to remain sticky.

Does anyone have any ideas or help of how to get this fixed? It's really annoying and makes my hands sticky and makes me not want to touch the leather of the steering wheel...
Old 05-31-2012, 04:17 PM
F150online
Administrator
2005 Ford F-150
My Garage

Vehicle: 2012 F-150 King Ranch
Was there some kind of adhesive or something on the cover that was left behind on the leather?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitha6 View Post
So, the owner before me...for some reason...put one of those steering wheel covers from Autozone on it.

I took it off and now the steering wheel is sticky! I have applied Mothers leather care to it multiple times over my year of having it so far but it continues to remain sticky.

Does anyone have any ideas or help of how to get this fixed? It's really annoying and makes my hands sticky and makes me not want to touch the leather of the steering wheel...
Try a little GOO GONE on it.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:54 PM
2003 Ford F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpick View Post
Was there some kind of adhesive or something on the cover that was left behind on the leather?

Thats what i dont know, thats the only thing i can guess.

Ive thought about goo gone but im.afraid if what that may do to the leather itself.

I kinda want to get a steering wheel from another truck or from an 06 or whatever F250, because those are tge same and tgey have tge steering wheel controls and i coukd hook those up to my new HU.

I just want it not sticky!! Lol
Old 06-04-2012, 01:56 PM
2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
My Garage

Vehicle: 2013 FORD F150
Send a message via Yahoo to KingRanchCoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitha6 View Post
Thats what i dont know, thats the only thing i can guess.

Ive thought about goo gone but im.afraid if what that may do to the leather itself.

I kinda want to get a steering wheel from another truck or from an 06 or whatever F250, because those are tge same and tgey have tge steering wheel controls and i coukd hook those up to my new HU.

I just want it not sticky!! Lol
goo gone is real oily and i wouldnt put it on my leather wheel... have you tried the spa treatment? Hot rag with water and let it soak on the wheel

'13 Kodiak Brown EcoBeast 3.55 with e locker
Led Interior Light Conversion,Neopreme Seat Covers
Harley Tails,DeeZee Tailgate assist, MPT Tuned, 275/65/18 Cooper ATP's
Old 06-09-2012, 12:39 PM
2003 Ford F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy View Post
goo gone is real oily and i wouldnt put it on my leather wheel... have you tried the spa treatment? Hot rag with water and let it soak on the wheel
No, I havent...I may try that
Old 06-10-2012, 12:33 AM
2014 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2002 ford f150
I have a sticky steering wheel too,, due the leather not being well taken care of. I just put a steering wheel cover on it. Most are slip on covers. Not even sure that spa treatment would work if your wheel is anything like mine. BLACK CRACKED LEATHER!!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Global Moderator &
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 F-150
Send a message via AIM to Patman
my XLT leather steering wheels get tacky when its really humid, or my hands are wet. I think its the leather delaminating, its not looking too good

Dual Bullets X Patman LED tail lights X Custom Sub Box
Reverse Fogs X 5/7 Drop X Jmod X Console Shifted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
Under my umbrella ella ella ay ay ay
Old 06-10-2012, 12:33 PM
2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew
My Garage

Vehicle: 2013 FORD F150
Send a message via Yahoo to KingRanchCoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.R.newbie View Post
I have a sticky steering wheel too,, due the leather not being well taken care of. I just put a steering wheel cover on it. Most are slip on covers. Not even sure that spa treatment would work if your wheel is anything like mine. BLACK CRACKED LEATHER!!!!
The spa treatment will work for the black but your screwed with the cracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
my XLT leather steering wheels get tacky when its really humid, or my hands are wet. I think its the leather delaminating, its not looking too good
Mine does the same and even the gear shifter is tacky when humid.

'13 Kodiak Brown EcoBeast 3.55 with e locker
Led Interior Light Conversion,Neopreme Seat Covers
Harley Tails,DeeZee Tailgate assist, MPT Tuned, 275/65/18 Cooper ATP's
Old 07-02-2012, 12:28 PM
2003 Ford F-150

Tried the Spa Treatment and Leather CPR and it's still sticky.

Looks 100% better but its just still sticky...idk what to do, I may just keep adding Leather CPR to it every now and then or maybe do the spa treatment often and see if that begins to help....

any other suggestions would be great.
*Whats to come- HD Grille, projector headlight retrofit, 35's on 20's, INJEN CAI, Switchback corner lights and clear corners, Chip, Kicker component spekers, TWO Kicker L7 12" Solo Baric's each with its own 1000W amp, Custom Rear console sub box, Window tint, remote start, leveling kit
Old 07-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2002 Ford King Ranch
You may want to look into Leathermaster products - I was using their analine cleaner/conditioner products for some time with very good results (pricey though)... I also used their wax-on product on my console - worked well and may fix your sticky wheel.... call them & discuss...

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Depa...-Products.aspx
Old 08-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F150
Send a message via AIM to NOLES187
my steering wheel is completely ruined. I saw on ebay one time somebody was selling wood grain (plastic, who knows) steering wheels that were adapted onto the king ranch core part of the steering wheel. They were super nice and then you just mailed them back the core of the one you took off and they refunded you a bunch of money. Does anybody know about where i can find this type of thing to replace my steering wheel thats on it now?
GO NOLES!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/vick187
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/....cfm?gnum=8184
Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2002 Ford F150
I have soem stickeyness when it gets wet, bein a horse owner i often have to get in my truck soaked, it gums up real bad and gets dirty easy.. I have been using mild baby wipes on my wheel, it gets real tacky right after wiping down but once dry it is nice and smooth and shiney again, its worth a try
Old 10-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Find a used steering wheel from the same truck online. Or, if you can find one with wood wrap on it that would swap over, that'd be aweosme too. I installed a King Ranch one in my 04 Expedition Eddie Bauer, and like the steering wheel SO much more than the worn out leather I had.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:00 PM