King Ranch

Can't find KR part, HELP ME?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't find KR part, HELP ME?

I recently had to have my front passenger fender replaced on my 2011 SCREW King Ranch (White Platinum / Adobe). I know, can't believe I already had body work done. Anyways the body shop had to also replace the fender flare and paint both of course. They re-attached the fender flare and used black push pins (4 each) on the underside. All other fender flares have adobe color push pins so it definitely doesn't match and bugging the heck out of me. The body shop contacted the dealer and ordered them but they came in black color again. Dealer is telling body shop that they need to paint them. Both myself and the body shop do not think that is a good idea for the long term (paint peeling?). The OEM ones from the factory are definitely not painted. it's a true adobe tan push pin (look at yours?). I've called two local dealers and they give me part number W705589-S but that is the generic black push pins, not the tan adobe colored ones that we all have even on older King Ranch models. They tell me that the adobe ones are not available, what? I called Ford and they were no help. Can anyone help me find the right color ones? Would love the correct part number or anybody that can tell me who to contact. Help?

Old 01-07-2012, 05:48 PM
You may want to call/check paintscratch.com - years ago, I had bought their AZ beige spray cans and they will include a flex additiive into the paint if you're painting plastic.

I originally painted the mudflaps in the pic below (taken this past Oct) back in 2002 and did a touch up in 2009 - paint has held up very extremely well - especially on something like a mudflap that bends/flexs.

Likewise, although hard to see in the 2nd pic, I also used their paint for a Clarion sub to match the interior console/trim (sub is on floor just forward of front console). Clarion used to make that particular sub specific for F150's - not the greatest but it works fine.

Good luck.... paintscratch isn't cheap but quality is good - you may find other alternatives out there now with better paint technology over the past few years.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:46 AM
wow your seats look great. how old are they when you took that pic. What is the best way you have found to keep them looking good. Thanks

Old 01-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Charles - I bought truck in 10/2001 - I just took the pic 10/2011 - have tired/used almost everything posted in the Leather Care sticky over the years but for the past 4 years or so, it's been strictly Leather CPR every other month...

fyi... having a company car, it's not a daily driver... I think I put on 300 miles since Oct.... still can't part with it though.. keep telling myself I'll need it for the day I get my 25' Boston Whaler

Old 02-02-2012, 01:04 AM
I ended up never finding anything already with the right color and proper size. Went back to the body shop and they painted the top and sides of the black push pins. Looks good, just hope it last forever though. It amazes me that the factory is using these color push pins but do not make them available to the Ford dealer to purchase.

Quick Reply: Can't find KR part, HELP ME?