King Ranch

blood on seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blood on seats

To make a long story short, I had the unlucky bad timing of accidentally leaving the door opened to my truck and my dog hopping in for safety after a little bit of a rumble. My passenger seat has a significant amount of blood soaked in and after searching here and everywhere else, have found no good answer for blood removal. Thanks in advance

Old 09-07-2011, 02:45 PM
I would call a local carpet cleaner in your area and ask them. If the feel they can pull it out, meet them at one of their carpet cleaning jobs, and let them clean the seat, hell it would be the perfect oportunity to let them do the whole interior if they have time.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mlamprey
I would call a local carpet cleaner in your area and ask them. If the feel they can pull it out, meet them at one of their carpet cleaning jobs, and let them clean the seat, hell it would be the perfect oportunity to let them do the whole interior if they have time.
Im sorry but i wouldnt trust a "carpet" cleaning company to touch the seats on my KR. When i first got my truck i went to a local detail place and they were washing it and i walked out and they had a sponge and dipped it in armor all and was going straight for my seats with it . After that and knowing people doesnt know to much about Castano Leatheri dont trust anyone on my seats.

To the Op try the spa treatment. Get a HOT rag with clean water and go over the area and see if you can get the blood to come out. Of course a pic would help also

Old 09-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Im sorry but i wouldnt trust a "carpet" cleaning company to touch the seats on my KR. When i first got my truck i went to a local detail place and they were washing it and i walked out and they had a sponge and dipped it in armor all and was going straight for my seats with it . After that and knowing people doesnt know to much about Castano Leatheri dont trust anyone on my seats.
Thats your 1 experience with an auto detailer cleaning your seats. You obviously picked a detailer who sucked at what they do. I have seen the carpet cleaner I use here work miracles on carpets and upholstery's in both house and autos.
I don't recall the OP saying anything about his seat being "Castano Leather" or leather of any type. So a qualified carpet cleaning company was a very legitimate suggestion.
To the OP. I have removed some nasty *** stains from my "Factory Cloth" seats with both Resolve and / or Oxy purchased right a Walmart. I treat the stain, scrub the stain with a short bristled brush, (medium stiffness) and vacuum good with my shop vac w/ upholstery nozzle, then I treat and vacuum the whole seat surface. My vacuum actually has one hell of a suction and mimics closely the same cleaning action a carpet cleaner when he does the vacuum part of his work to pull the cleaning solution out of the carpet.

Last edited by mlamprey; 09-07-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Thats your 1 experience with an auto detailer cleaning your seats. You obviously picked a detailer who sucked at what they do. I have seen the carpet cleaner I use here work miracles on carpets and upholstery's in both house and autos.
I don't recall the OP saying anything about his seat being "Castano Leather" or leather of any type. So a qualified carpet cleaning company was a very legitimate suggestion.
To the OP. I have removed some nasty *** stains from my "Factory Cloth" seats with both Resolve and / or Oxy purchased right a Walmart. I treat the stain, scrub the stain with a short bristled brush, (medium stiffness) and vacuum good with my shop vac w/ upholstery nozzle, then I treat and vacuum the whole seat surface. My vacuum actually has one hell of a suction and mimics closely the same cleaning action a carpet cleaner when he does the vacuum part of his work to pull the cleaning solution out of the carpet.
WOW, you need to get your panties out of a wad. He posted in the KR section so i would think he would have LEATHER. His profile says 2002 F150 that would mean he has CASTANO..... I dont see how a carpet cleaning machine will work on KR LEATHER SEATS. I hope you dont have a KR and if you do i would hate to see the shape of the seats since you recommend using a carpet clean machine

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 09-07-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:52 PM
WOW, you need to get your panties out of a wad. He posted in the KR section so i would think he would have LEATHER. His profile says 2002 F150 that would mean he has CASTANO..... I dont see how a carpet cleaning machine will work on KR LEATHER SEATS. I hope you dont have a KR and if you do i would hate to see the shape of the seats since you recommend using a carpet clean machine
Well Excuse Me !!!! Maybe not Everybody knows that Every 2002 F150 came with "CASTANO" leather.
People accidentally post threads in the wrong forum category quite often. Unless someone clearly states that their talking about stained "leather" upholstery how the hell am I supposed to know ?
Don't bother to answer that because I really don't care !
But your right, a carpet steam cleaner wouldn't work on leather. I stand corrected.
"CASTANO" leather Ooooh

Old 09-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Well Excuse Me !!!! Maybe not Everybody knows that Every 2002 F150 came with "CASTANO" leather.
People accidentally post threads in the wrong forum category quite often. Unless someone clearly states that their talking about stained "leather" upholstery how the hell am I supposed to know ?
Don't bother to answer that because I really don't care !
But your right, a carpet steam cleaner wouldn't work on leather. I stand corrected.
"CASTANO" leather Ooooh
Your Excused, and every 2002 f150 didnt come with castano leather only KR's did . I figured you would have known he had leather since its in the KR section. Your the one that attacked me on my response and ended up you didnt know what the hell you were talking about. Oh and i love my castano compared to xlt cloth seats that you have to use a carpet machine to get the stains out

Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Your Excused, and every 2002 f150 didnt come with castano leather only KR's did . I figured you would have known he had leather since its in the KR section. Your the one that attacked me on my response and ended up you didnt know what the hell you were talking about. Oh and i love my castano compared to xlt cloth seats that you have to use a carpet machine to get the stains out
After the recent research I have just done, it appears you don't either.
Several websites I have just researched have all stated

"Make sure you never use hot water on blood, because protein based enzymes like those found in blood will stain a lot worse if they are heated up"

Clearly neither one of us are giving the OP useful advice or suggestions to solve his issue. Maybe the information from this website will help him.

How to Get Blood Stains Out of Leather
http://www.ehow.com/how_7786081_bloo...t-leather.html

PS. I never said I used a carpet machine to get stains out of my XLT cloth. I clearly stated that I use either "Resolve" or "OXY" and my shop vac.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Oh and i love my castano
Now that I have made little sarcastic faces at your "Castano" leather, I have to ask. What is "Castano" leather ?
I have seen my share of King Ranch truck interiors and to my uneducated eyes it is just brown leather. How is it differant and or special ?

A quick Google somewhat answered my own question.

"The Ford King Ranch pickup line uses a trademarked brand of leather, called Castaņo leather, that has a natural, suede-like texture. Castaņo leather is made by the King Ranch for Ford."

So I guess it is still just leather. Castano is the trademark name they have given it due to the "suede like texture"

Last edited by mlamprey; 09-07-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 AM
sorry that i couldn't respond sooner and clear some of this up. my 02 is a KR with castano. im not sure if and/or when i could upload pics. I have no internet at my new place and can only access web at work and I'm limited on the sites I can go to. as for the seat, about half of the lower portion of the seat has blood soaked into it. if i can get it all out, that would be amazing, but my seats are pretty stained from the previous owners so they aren't close to perfect anyway, but im hoping ill be able to get it to a point where a person wouldnt hesitate to get in :o

ill be checking out that ehow article too

Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 AM
oh and btw, its not like regular auto or furniture leather because they are 'treated'. in other words, if i get water on the leather seats of my brothers chevy, i could wipe it right off, where water or blood or anything else will soak right into the KR leather. you could almost say it is raw leather. the other guys could go more in depth

Old 09-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by mydogearl
sorry that i couldn't respond sooner and clear some of this up. my 02 is a KR with castano. im not sure if and/or when i could upload pics. I have no internet at my new place and can only access web at work and I'm limited on the sites I can go to. as for the seat, about half of the lower portion of the seat has blood soaked into it. if i can get it all out, that would be amazing, but my seats are pretty stained from the previous owners so they aren't close to perfect anyway, but im hoping ill be able to get it to a point where a person wouldnt hesitate to get in :o

ill be checking out that ehow article too
Op, I still think the spa treatment will work with your seats. Maybe start with a very small area and see how it does? Clean Rag a bucket of HOT water and some Johnson and Johnson baby soap.. I really think you will be able to get it out. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: blood on seats