King Ranch

2002 KR info??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 KR info??

What is standard equipment on our trucks back then??

Mine has the sunroof and sliding back window, and a tow hitch, which looks factory installed. But it has no back up beeper thing on the bumper. So its real fun backing up my truck!!!! It does also have a 6 cd changer in the center console. It also has the heated captain seats in front.

From what ive read on here these trucks are made on a order bases??
So are all these trucks based on a person ordering the truck the way they want it, then its sent to a dealership.??? Was just curious about how this truck came to be equiped the way it is???

thanks

Old 09-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by K.R.newbie

Mine has the sunroof and sliding back window, and a tow hitch, which looks factory installed. But it has no back up beeper thing on the bumper. So its real fun backing up my truck!!!! It does also have a 6 cd changer in the center console. It also has the heated captain seats in front.

So are all these trucks based on a person ordering the truck the way they want it, then its sent to a dealership.??? Was just curious about how this truck came to be equiped the way it is???

thanks
Only options i know of for this year KR are the Ext Cab or SuperCrew, sunroof, sliding back window,4.6 or 5.4 engine and of course 2 and 4 wheel drive. Heated seats are standard and i have the 6 disk in dash cd player in my 03.. The sensors in the bumper didnt come out until 2005ish?

Old 09-05-2011, 07:51 PM
I have the scab. Also the 5.4.

My moonroof leaks. Put some uv safe duct tape around the permierter of the mroof.

Did they have a towing option??? that you know of coy??

thanks

Old 09-05-2011, 07:54 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Also flair side or style side

Old 09-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is a Supercrew 5.4 4x4 and has sunroof, Power Rear Window, Power Adjustable Pedals/Mirrors/Driver Seat, Turn Signal Indicators in the mirrors, 6 Disc CD Changer, Electronic Climate Control, Heated Front Seats, and yes K.R.newbie, there is a towing package which mine has.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 PM
I have power everything. except for back window. no auto climate control, just manual. I have the turn signal light. I have a style side or fleetside. sorry for the chevy thing.

Is there a way to tell if its a factory towing pkg for this truck?? I am guessing mine is factory, there are no signs for the maker of the hitch, like uhaul or such.

thanks

Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd have to go back and look at some of my build info for my old 2001 but, I believe that the tow package was standard on the KR...

Old 09-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I have the scab. Also the 5.4.

My moonroof leaks. Put some uv safe duct tape around the permierter of the mroof.

Did they have a towing option??? that you know of coy??

thanks
Check the drain tubes, there's also some position adjustment if I remember correctly.

Also lets see some pics, not many KR ex-cabs period and less that are non stepside.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:28 AM
Id be interested in hearing about the adjustments you mention.!!!!!!

The front drivers side drain tube think is clogged up, seems to come out of tube.
along the pillar there. Tube seems to be in the pillar. It would look like id need to take down the whole headliner to get a real look at it. Right now just dont open it, but can use it like a moonroof to look thru.

Oh yeah pics are under my screen name. Ive been meaning to take more pics and some what better better pics. but...............

thank you rockpick, hope to hear from you about that!!!

Last edited by K.R.newbie; 09-08-2011 at 01:31 AM. Reason: add thank you
Old 09-08-2011, 03:16 PM
2002 King Ranch

I have one too, (KR). The only option that did not come on my supercrew was the power back window. Everything else that people have mentioned came on mine. Just had a COP (coil on plug) go bad on mine....yes it was #4, passenger side rear and I took into local dealer to have it changed and at the same time new plugs and fuel filter. It is about to turn over 100K so it was time to have plugs changed and new fuel filter which was way overdue. They wanted to do the fuel injection flush but I have been adding Lucas to my tank about every 10th to 12th fillup and I declined on that service. This has been a great truck with very, very few problems. I would like to get better gas mileage, but not for a new KR with the EcoBoost for over 50K. Who the hell are they kidding. A 6 cylinder turbo truck with more things to go wrong for that kinda money. Let me win the lotto and then I may go look. Maybe!!!

Old 09-16-2011, 01:53 PM

thanks
FYI: From '01 to '03, the KR was available by order only. They did not make one in '04 due to the body change. In '05, they decided that they were a big enough "hit", that they started producing them outright, and flooded the dealerships with them, seemingly with Black being the preferred color.
My '02 SuperCab Fleetside does not have a moon roof, (option), but everything else. There are not many options, really, on a KR. Trailer pkg is standard.

Hey there RP, how's it going?

Old 09-19-2011, 05:51 PM
It would seem there are alot of different opinions on what was standard on these trucks back then.

I've seen some other KR's arond town here in n. houston that are i think about my yr truck that have no add on hitch. Did see a truck that had a ball on the bumper, but no
reciever. It was a KR.

Did the 2003 KR have a change in tail lights from the 2002?????????

Old 09-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think 2003 had a change in the tails... they did have the 'diamond cut' headlights though.

Hey TD! Good to see you, bud...

Not sure on the hitch now -- and I haven't remembered to go in and check; sorry.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 AM
mine has the rectangle shaped taillights. the 2003 has tailights like kingranchcoy truck has as seen in post #2. dont know about the headlights.

when ever you get around to looking

thanks

marc

Quick Reply: 2002 KR info??