King Ranch

Water soaked KR leather, help

Old 06-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water soaked KR leather, help

I am an idiot, accidently left sunroof wide open and rained...

The lower half of the seatback, and the back half of the seatbottoms of the front seats got soaked, as well as the console cover. Other than tried to soak up water with a towel, and opening up the truck and running a fan through the cab, don't know what else to do.

What affect can I expect on my leather from this do you think? Once it finally dries out will there be any ill affects, and wondering about color...

should I try to get really dry and then get some conditioner on them asap? Just about makes me sick to my stomach. They already weren't in great shape already due to first owner apperently never conditioning, so they looked "faded" even after my repeated conditioning, but I am worried about what tis may have done to them. Luckily, the backseat which looks almost new, didn't get wet.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob King Ranch
I am an idiot, accidently left sunroof wide open and rained...

The lower half of the seatback, and the back half of the seatbottoms of the front seats got soaked, as well as the console cover. Other than tried to soak up water with a towel, and opening up the truck and running a fan through the cab, don't know what else to do.

What affect can I expect on my leather from this do you think? Once it finally dries out will there be any ill affects, and wondering about color...

should I try to get really dry and then get some conditioner on them asap? Just about makes me sick to my stomach. They already weren't in great shape already due to first owner apperently never conditioning, so they looked "faded" even after my repeated conditioning, but I am worried about what tis may have done to them. Luckily, the backseat which looks almost new, didn't get wet.

Let them get completely dry, then clean and condition them and you should be alright. If the seats where dirty you may notice stains on the leather when it does dry... Just get some Johnson and Johnson baby soap with a hot towel and water and wipe over the seat. Once you do that let them dry the condition them a couple times. You should be alright...

Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the same thing..... Turned on the heated seats and drove it to work with heater on high. Eventually they dried out and then I conditioned them. Can't even tell it happened.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water soaked KR leather, help