King Ranch

Seats, before and after pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seats, before and after pics

I had my seats refinished today. They are now going to be much easier to maintain. If something gets spilled on them, they will be easy to clean like typical leather seats. The work was done by Color Glo, if you are interested I can provide contact information to the local rep in Denver. Otherwise, there are franchises in various locations

Before:

After:

Old 02-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Wow! They look great!

Old 02-11-2011, 07:54 PM
They have any of those in Virginia or las Vegas?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by flavtfan
They have any of those in Virginia or las Vegas?
They do have a franchise in Vegas, does not appear to be in Virginia. The rep here came to my home to do the work, I would guess it is that way with the other franchises as well.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 AM
Wow those turned out great.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 AM
How much did it set u back?

Old 02-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by flavtfan
How much did it set u back?
400 bucks. I think it was a bargain. I had tried saddle soap and lexol conditioner. I even tried shoe polish on a small part of the back seat and sprayed the seats with a waterproofer. I thought I was happy with the results for a bit but realized they still looked old. I did not fully realize how bad my seats looked until he finished. If you look closely you may see a cigarette burn on the passenger seat in the before picture. It shows up better in the full size picture that I had to shrink to get it uploaded here. The guy who did the work told me that he could fix the burn even before he saw it. He gave a quote over the phone without even taking a look at my truck. He was familiar with King Ranch leather. I was impressed that he knew it was castano treated only with analine dye and was a pain to maintain properly. When he told me that he would give the seats a new and easy to maintain finish I was just slightly skeptical but for only 400 bucks I figured to give it a shot. The seats feel smooth and are still softer than regular leather seats. I thought they would feel a bit stiff. I would have been satisfied with a lesser result. I realize time will tell but I am looking forward to seeing how they respond to a conditioning after I wait the week he recommended before I consider applying anything to them. It was interesting to watch the process. I missed out seeing him clean them but he used a small spray gun to apply the dye. Seemed to be very meticulous with the work. It took about 3.5 hours. I am sure others can do the same work but I have read through the posts about leather care here and elsewhere until my eyes glazed over and hoped to find a better solution but I was just not seeing anything until I stumbled across this company. I am not knocking what others are doing or the results others have achieved but even though castano leather is very nice, I think Ford should have used a more durable finish on these seats. I know me, and I spill stuff, plus I have dogs that like to find the muddiest areas to play in at the park and one of them has puked on the seats of my previous truck on several occasions.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks great , you paid a little more then i did but different company. I paid 200 for 4 seats and both consoles then 50 to touch up the dash and door. so 250 total.

Here are mine
Before

After

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 02-12-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Looks great , you paid a little more then i did but different company. I paid 200 for 4 seats and both consoles then 50 to touch up the dash and door. so 250 total.
Very nice :-) How well are they holding up and how long ago did you have it done? I would like to know if my hopes of having a lasting finish are overly optimistic.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MMutch6923
Very nice :-) How well are they holding up and how long ago did you have it done? I would like to know if my hopes of having a lasting finish are overly optimistic.
I got them done June of last year. So going on 8 months and they still look the same as they did. I total recommend it to anyone. Just be sure to keep conditioning them. Ive started using Poorboys Leather stuff and i really like it.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ki...her-stuff.html

Old 02-16-2011, 06:31 AM
Amazing results !

Please add the details to the leather care sticky for future reference as this post will gradually move down the page.

Thanks.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:30 AM
do they have services like this for lariet leather? cause my driver and passenger are getting cracked and kinda used up, i do leather care every other week on it but it is just like a armor all type nothing major... i emaile the tru glo rep in my area but havent heard back from him yet...

Old 02-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by FordMan7
do they have services like this for lariet leather? cause my driver and passenger are getting cracked and kinda used up, i do leather care every other week on it but it is just like a armor all type nothing major... i emaile the tru glo rep in my area but havent heard back from him yet...
Yes they do. This guy does work for various dealerships on used vehicles that come in. They do furniture as well, and repairs to cracks in vinyl dashboards and consoles.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by MMutch6923
Yes they do. This guy does work for various dealerships on used vehicles that come in. They do furniture as well, and repairs to cracks in vinyl dashboards and consoles.
k cool well i emailed a second guy that was on the tru glo website that is in the utah area, hope he gets back to me....

Old 03-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Damn more like night n day

Quick Reply: Seats, before and after pics