King Ranch

king ranch questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
king ranch questions

I've lately been thinking about some possibilities and ways that I could rig certain things up to work here lately in my head. First off, I love how the super duty king ranch's have illuminated diamond-plate running boards, and i was curious to know if there is anyway to fit them onto an 2008 f150 KR. That would be amazing considering I sold my running boards. The other thing I thought about doing is a captain chair swap in the rear of an 05-08 KR. They offered it in every SDKR and the 01-03 f150 KR, but why not the 05-08. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this, or even thought about it. Captains in the back of an 08 KR would be SWEEEET

Old 12-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi, KRF. On the boards, I personally think that it'd be easier to add some illumination to your current boards. I really doubt that they'd be 'plug and play' from the SD... but, since you sold your boards, I guess it'd be worth looking in to.

On the SD seat swap -- I seriously doubt that it'd work -- and be safe. While anyone can drill holes through the metal and bolt the seats in, you'll want to make sure that the safety factor is there -- and one of your primary considerations. Even the captains to bench (and vice-versa) conversion on the 01-03 KR F150 was found to be dang near impossible... there are SEVERAL threads here that date back about 10 years that discuss this mod --and even a few failures on trying it. I cannot recall a single success on this one.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:58 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Not to step on Brad's toes, but someone did do it on an Fx4 sucessfully recently. I read the thread last week. Would I do it, no, to hack jobish for my taste, but it did get done.

Ps these trucks are gorgeous

Quick Reply: king ranch questions