King Ranch

Mineral oil stain on KR leather

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mineral oil stain on KR leather

I have a spill of mineral oil on the front passenger seat. I had made a cutting board and treated with mineral oil. It was dry but it was parked in the sun for about an hour(96 degrees) and the oil came to the surface of the board and left a spot on the seat.

Any suggestions?

Thaniks

Old 09-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lvista
I have a spill of mineral oil on the front passenger seat. I had made a cutting board and treated with mineral oil. It was dry but it was parked in the sun for about an hour(96 degrees) and the oil came to the surface of the board and left a spot on the seat.

Any suggestions?

Thaniks
What year is the truck? Need to know if its Castano or the Chaparal leather. Im thinking your SOL with that stain. Isnt mineral oil sort of greasy? Only thing i can think to do would try the spa treatment with some Johnson and Johnsons tear free shampoo. A picture would be a great help also

Old 09-01-2010, 10:30 PM
It's an '09 KR. The stain is about 4" x 1" in the part of the seat that, for lack of better description, is perforated. I tried KR leather conditioner but no change.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I heard generous amount of talcum powder and let it sit over night. Its worth a shot

Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lvista
It's an '09 KR. The stain is about 4" x 1" in the part of the seat that, for lack of better description, is perforated. I tried KR leather conditioner but no change.
Get a bucket of hot water and add some J&J Baby shampoo and scrub the seat gently and once it dries see where you stand. Thats all i can think of, good luck

Old 09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Just a thought. You could apply a light layer of the same mineral oil to just the perforated portion of the seat. It may darken it some, but may also make the stain less noticeable.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I'd try the "baby shampoo" method first. "Soaps" WILL emulsify the oil and you should be able to lift some of it out. I suspect it can be taken down to a level that is not too noticeable.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Mineral oil stain on KR leather