King Ranch

Daily Console Protection?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily Console Protection?

I recently purchased a 2010 KR, it is about a month old, but I can tell the middle console and steering wheel is going to be trouble with collecting contamination.

With the heat we have in Texas, sweat and other junk to deal with, how do you protect those areas where your skin is coming in contact with the leather on a regular basis?

The only thing I can think of is having a towel there.

Any suggestions?

Old 08-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acksman
I recently purchased a 2010 KR, it is about a month old, but I can tell the middle console and steering wheel is going to be trouble with collecting contamination.

With the heat we have in Texas, sweat and other junk to deal with, how do you protect those areas where your skin is coming in contact with the leather on a regular basis?

The only thing I can think of is having a towel there.

Any suggestions?
I'd love to know this also. As hot as it has been here in Dallas lately I am sweating everytime I get in my truck. I try not to get sweat on the console lid but it is inevitably going to happen. Everytime I leave the gym pouring in sweat I cringe when I get in my truck. I'm starting to notice the console lid getting a little darker than the rest of my leather.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
As far as the steering wheel goes just get one of them elastic cloth steering wheel covers and throw it on the wheel when needed. As far as the center console i would just throw a towel over it. You can always clean the leather when you see that it is getting darker. Dont wait to long to clean it or it will be 10 times harder.

Quick Reply: Daily Console Protection?