King Ranch

sorry another leather question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry another leather question

ok ive read the sticky on cleaning the leather but theres so many different ppl with different ways on doing it i got my king ranch leather conditioner today and was planin on doing it tomorrow i was just wondering what is the best way to clean the leather do i need to wipe the seats down with a warm towel and let it dry then use the conditioner? sorry i know this has been asked so much i just wanna make sure i get it right thanks for the help

Old 04-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I use Lexoral leather cleaner, damp cloth, spray and wipe until residual is gone. Then use conditioner (1 or 2 times a year depending on environmental contions). Keep the conditioner away from the threads as it does induce the potentil to collect dirt in the threads which then causes the threads to wear and break. i use Connolly Hyde cream from england- it is available in the US for about $15 a jar-- but it is also sold under a variety of trade name labels such as Ferrari, Porsche, Harley Davidson, Volvo leather conditioner.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to attached this to this thread...but did not want to start another:

Has anyone tried the Spinneybeck product? I usually use KR conditioner but have some Spinneybeck cleaner/conditioner sitting around that I use on my M3. I did search but no mention anywhere here. The M3 has an open-pore leather similar to the Castano and the BMW detail guys swear by it.

Just did a swatch test tonight on my KR, but wondered if anyone has tried.

Last edited by ErnScott; 04-15-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Quick Reply: sorry another leather question