King Ranch

Front seat slashed, need new 2005 cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Front seat slashed, need new 2005 cover

2005 King Ranch.

Someone broke into my truck, stole my ipod (no big deal) and then proceeded to hack and slash my driver's seat.

Have my insurance on the case, but wanted to do my own investigating, too. I was tempted to slash my passenger seat, too, but am too honest I suppose. Now, I'll get some new looking seat next to a 5-year-old seat. Crap.

Can you still even get these seat covers from Ford? This is the original Castano leather that I think was discontinued in 2006.

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that man, wish i could help you, but i'm not too sure if they still sell them, I've kind of wondered the same thing myself though. If they do not, i wonder if its possible to send them to King Ranch and have them recovered? Hope you get things figured out, hate to see a fellow KR owner with problems...

Old 02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 67L48
2005 King Ranch.

Someone broke into my truck, stole my ipod (no big deal) and then proceeded to hack and slash my driver's seat.

Have my insurance on the case, but wanted to do my own investigating, too. I was tempted to slash my passenger seat, too, but am too honest I suppose. Now, I'll get some new looking seat next to a 5-year-old seat. Crap.

Can you still even get these seat covers from Ford? This is the original Castano leather that I think was discontinued in 2006.

Thanks.
Thats very sad.

I'm sure that Ford will still have spare seat covers. In general car companies are duty bound to provide a source of spares for a minimum number of years...certainly more than 5.

Also any insurance company worth their salt will understand the need to match the front seats and provide you with a pair of covers.

Best of luck anyway.

If it was me and the insurers only provide one seat cover I would bite the bullet and buy the other myself..at least the front will look as good as new !

Old 03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Well, the insurance quoted me just over $800 and sent me a check. This supposedly was to cover the seat plus the cushion. Talked to my ford dealer and a new seat cover is $1,077.48 (440.25 for the bottom and 637.23 for the back). So, I'm in negotiations with the insurance now.

Will let you know how it tuns out. But, for those wanting to know, a new seat cover is over a grand.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Got the full quote from Ford: $2,300.88 inclusive of parts, labor, and tax. Includes seat cover (484.28), back cover (700.95), cushions, and heated seat elements.

Progressive said they'd pay whatever the amount was, but I'm still jumping through hoops.

Quick Reply: Front seat slashed, need new 2005 cover