King Ranch

Thinking about a KR

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about a KR

Hi guys,

It's been a looong time since I posted, but I'm looking for some advice.

Last April, I bought a high-ish mileage 06 Supercrew XLT, and then proceeded to put another 35,000 kms on it.

I'd been toying with the idea of replacing my truck with a new unit, but i just can't swallow the payment. There is a Ford dealer not too far from my work that has a MINT 08 KR on the lot.

Other than obvious mechanicals, what are some things to watch out for, specifically on the KR? My XLT has power seats and that's about it, the KR in question has every option, nav, backup camera, moonroof, etc.

It is a little more $$$ than i was wanting to spend (about $32,000 but keep in mind here in Canada that was about $59,000 brand new) but with all the options, and fairly low mileage (60,000 kms) it seems like not a bad deal.

How hard are the seats to care for compared with regular leather? Has anyone seen massive failures on all the power operated systems?

Any advice is appreciated!

Old 02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Sorry should've added that this is an F150.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Well, do not get a KR if you've got young children, unless you want to spend more time cleaning and conditioning the seats. The seats are NOT as big of a PITA as you might think. Read the sticky about KR leather care, but it really only needs cleaning and conditioning about 4 to 6 times a year. If they are dirty now, a good "spa" cleaning will be in order, but it really only takes about an hour to condition the seats wtih either the KR Conditioner or Leather CPR, whichever you prefer. The seats are NOT coated like leather seats in a Lariat or in a car. They are basically rough leather that needs conditioning like your skin needs lotion or moisture.
I've had my '02 for 7 years now, and LOVE it. The seats make it unique, and the truck is, so far anyway, trouble free.

Good luck with your decision and post pics if you get it.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Love my 2005, mater of fact everyone does. Even all my GM buddies. The leather always gets compliments. I have all power options including pedals, moonroof, rear slider...everything...and everything still works perfectly. My rear slider is a little weak, but it gets back and forth after a little while. Leather care is the biggest concern you will have. Like Timber said 4-6 times a year should be fine. My back seat looks almost brand new (rarely used) my drivers still has the color just has the aged/worn look. But that is to be expected and even shown in the manuals. A good cleaning/conditioning and all is good, without it your seats will fade, dry out, maybe even crack.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I'll echo the last two guys, Mr Wiggles. I've had NO problems with my KR in the three years now that I've had it. Yes, the leather takes some attention, but it's not all that bad. I've put a fair number of posts in this forum about my approach to it - some like my thoughts, some don't. The biggest problem you'll have is the steering wheel, I think. It does NOT like skin oil!

More importantly, Janet loves riding in our truck and, I keep getting complements on it from total strangers.

- Jack

Old 03-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Wiggles
Hi guys,

It's been a looong time since I posted, but I'm looking for some advice.

Last April, I bought a high-ish mileage 06 Supercrew XLT, and then proceeded to put another 35,000 kms on it.

I'd been toying with the idea of replacing my truck with a new unit, but i just can't swallow the payment. There is a Ford dealer not too far from my work that has a MINT 08 KR on the lot.

Other than obvious mechanicals, what are some things to watch out for, specifically on the KR? My XLT has power seats and that's about it, the KR in question has every option, nav, backup camera, moonroof, etc.

It is a little more $$$ than i was wanting to spend (about $32,000 but keep in mind here in Canada that was about $59,000 brand new) but with all the options, and fairly low mileage (60,000 kms) it seems like not a bad deal.

How hard are the seats to care for compared with regular leather? Has anyone seen massive failures on all the power operated systems?

Any advice is appreciated!
i just bought a 2006 ford f-250 King Ranch Diesel for 32,000 fully loaded everything only has 35000 km on it (alberta canada) found it on Kijiji is in absolutle mint condition has power train warrenty till oct2012 seats are great had to do very little bit of seat conditioning cuz previous owner had kids

Old 03-28-2010, 02:09 PM
The seats are the hardest things to maintain on a pre-'09 KR. If you will leave the truck parked outside during the day or in sunlight, the leather will fade.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a KR