King Ranch

05 KR power issues, Windows, seat, mirrors, sound controls, pedal controls

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Ab7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 KR power issues, Windows, seat, mirrors, sound controls, pedal controls

hi, i have just acquired an o5 King Ranch and have fixed most of the issues it had, but then i came across a power issue and don't really know how to fix it, i have read a few other comments, but it appears they are different to my situation.

- the rear windows work perfectly, but the two front ones don't move at all.
- the mirrors on the side don't move either
- the pedal control don't move
- the power seat on the driver side dont move, although on the passenger side does move no problem.
- the Sound controls on the Steering wheel also dont work, everything else does.

i have checked all the Fuses and they all working properly, none are burned
i do have to admit i have a small battery from a small car to test it.(maybe this is not the issue since the rear doors were moving as well as the radio and lights were working properly, not tested all at once, one by one)
i have only checked the fuses on the passenger side right panel.
i am not sure if there are anymore fuses to check

and also not sure if it could be a relay, and if it is which one and where is located.

when i got the truck, the owners manual was not there, so i am hoping to get one trough the net

anyone has had the same issues?
any ideas where to check will be apreciated

Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same issue with the mirrors, driver seat and pedals. There is a factory butt connector under the passanger kick panel that needs to be cut out and replaced due to corrision. I had a post about it, and mentioned the color wire to look for. It is on the floor just as the wires turn up to the fuse panel. Mine connector was all green, I cut it and put a new connector on it and it worked great. I also put heat shrink on it to help keep from doing again. I will see if I can find my post for you. You won't miss the wire when you find it, think it was the only connector there.

2006 King Ranch

Old 01-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is my post from what I found and how I fixed it. Hope it helps.

I found the problem this weekend. I had to remove the passanger side kick panel and door sill. There is a wire that has a factory connector that was corroded for water in the wiring channel. It is an orange wire with a light green strip. It is located under the fuse box just as the wires go into the door sill area, and is at the bottom of the bundle of wires. I was able to pull the wire apart, i trimmed the wires and reconnected them with a connector and also used a heat shrink tube to try and help protect it. Now everything is working as its suppose to.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Ab7
thanks JTB i will look into it right away, i was thinking it was a relay or a fuse, cause all of the sudden lots of electrical buttons were not functioning properly. my main concern is the 2 front windows nor rolling down.

will post late reply after doing and checking this connector

Ab7
05 KR

Old 07-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Also check for any residue built up overtime on the connectors where you push down. I tried to clean the residue off mine, but it only exposed the metal, and it would not take the quick spark/charge that is caused by depressing the window button.

I picked up a new driver side switch box for around 70 bucks I think from the Haik dealership.

If you want to try to clean them yourself, take a q-tip and go at it. There's a write up somewhere on these forums.

Quick Reply: 05 KR power issues, Windows, seat, mirrors, sound controls, pedal controls