King Ranch

How can I remove the entire ashtray

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can I remove the entire ashtray

Can anyone tell me how to remove the entire ashtray door and all. I want to put a backup camera or GPS system in the location of the ashtray. This is for a 2007 F150 KingRanch

Last edited by flashjohnny; 01-06-2008 at 05:06 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Just pull.......

Old 01-06-2008, 11:01 AM
It has been a while but if I recall, there are four screws. Open the door normally and look around the outer perimeter black "frame". It will take a socket with an extension to reach them but the whole door and geared mechanism should come out. I took mine out in my 2007 to Dremel it out and install my Scan Guage II.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hammer, big hammer

Old 01-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Just had mine out the other day.

1) Open ash tray and pull around the bottom of the panel, it may make you cringe but with a little elbow grease it will come off cleanly.
2) There are two screws to remove - I forget which size (7mm I think?) but a socket set is your best friend here
3) After removing the screws, gently tip it forward and pull up slightly - it will come right out! Trim panel/door/ashtray and all!

Old 01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
This is the kind of post that makes msg boards like this worth more than gold!
Originally Posted by I12AV82
Just had mine out the other day.

1) Open ash tray and pull around the bottom of the panel, it may make you cringe but with a little elbow grease it will come off cleanly.
2) There are two screws to remove - I forget which size (7mm I think?) but a socket set is your best friend here
3) After removing the screws, gently tip it forward and pull up slightly - it will come right out! Trim panel/door/ashtray and all!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Just like I12AV82 said. The pucker factor was very high when pulling on the wood grain trim. But everything seperated clean. Now have changed my mind about installing a back-up camera or Navigation System. With so much room behind the ashtray I am going to make this the place my consealed gun will be hiden. I have removied the face of the ashtray, this will be the only part I will need. Build a box to slide where the ashtray use to be. Slide my 40 cal into the box and put two strips of vercro to hold the woodgrain face plate of the ashtray in place. Maybe if someone was to break into my truck they wont think or have time to remove the astray door. Thanks for the information.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
It has been a while but if I recall, there are four screws. Open the door normally and look around the outer perimeter black "frame". It will take a socket with an extension to reach them but the whole door and geared mechanism should come out. I took mine out in my 2007 to Dremel it out and install my Scan Guage II.

Smokewagun:

got any pictures of the new rig??

JEB

Old 03-11-2010, 05:55 AM
Mental note, stay out of people's ash trays...possible gun locations....eeek!

Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by flashjohnny
Just like I12AV82 said. The pucker factor was very high when pulling on the wood grain trim. But everything seperated clean. Now have changed my mind about installing a back-up camera or Navigation System. With so much room behind the ashtray I am going to make this the place my consealed gun will be hiden. I have removied the face of the ashtray, this will be the only part I will need. Build a box to slide where the ashtray use to be. Slide my 40 cal into the box and put two strips of vercro to hold the woodgrain face plate of the ashtray in place. Maybe if someone was to break into my truck they wont think or have time to remove the astray door. Thanks for the information.
if you actually do that take some pics and do like a short write up cause i don't use my ash tray and i would think about doing that also sounds like a good idea... idk about the kr though but isn't the shifter right there on the console like in the lariet's? cause that is what i have and i am not sure if a 40 in a tray will be able to slid out if you are in park or drive i think that you would have to be all the way back in 1 or 2? just wondering...

Quick Reply: How can I remove the entire ashtray