King Ranch

Banged Up Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banged Up Bumper

To make a long story short, I backed into a parking lot bollard (about 3' high, 4" diameter steel post embedded in concrete) yesterday. There were two of these in the area I was backing into but I only saw the one. The reverse sensor was beeping but I thought it was for the one that I could see in my passenger side mirror. Anyway, it banged up my rear bumper about 5" from the hitch. It doesn't affect the vehicle in any way except for the cosmetics.

My question or dilemma is what to do. Do I find a replacement bumper to put on? Do I just let it go? I don't think it can be pulled out in any way, although I have yet to see if it can be done. My dad works part time as a driver for one of the local auto body places, so I might be able to get a replacment bumper for the body shops price. I searched the classifieds here and also e-bay, but to no avail. Do any of you know if other 2005 models besides the KR came with an arizona beige rear bumper with reverse sensing? I think all the lariats are chrome but I could be wrong.

If I get some pics, I will post them.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Maxs Donkey
Do any of you know if other 2005 models besides the KR came with an arizona beige rear bumper with reverse sensing?
My friend's 2005 F150 has a beige bumper w/parking sensors, but I think it's called "Pueblo Gold" or something, his truck is a Lariat. I honestly can't tell a difference in the bottom color when the trucks are parked side by side. Hopefully there's not a huge difference in price, but when looking for a grille I noticed that the OEM King Ranch grille is cheaper than the OEM Lariat grille, go figure.

If the dent can't be easily pulled out or fixed, the cheapest way would probably be a junk yard or buy the OEM bumper somewhere w/o the sensors and replace yours.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:11 AM
dont worrry about it things happen and at least you got that first ding out of the way

Old 07-02-2007, 10:25 AM
bumper

A chrome shop can straighten and rechrome the bumper. It will look like new.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by XL1200Ltd-Keith
A chrome shop can straighten and rechrome the bumper. It will look like new.
King Ranch trucks all have painted bumpers. Is it more expensive to "re-chrome" or re-paint a bumper.

Quick Reply: Banged Up Bumper