King Ranch

Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After readin' on this forum, I decided to try Leather CPR on my seats. I applied it yesterday, and I believe I've found the conditioner I'm gonna use from now on. I bought the truck new in Oct '07, and I don't think my seats have ever felt as soft as they do now. It didn't darken the seats any, other than bring out the natural color, which does darken it from the lighter dry look. But it didn't permanently color the leather darker. There's also no chemical scent, like some conditioners have. It also covered up (got rid of) some small scratches my dad's cellphone case left in the passenger seat. Needless to say, I'm very happy so far with the Leather CPR.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:54 PM
My husband has one of these trucks and I stupidly held a potted plant on the seat while riding in it and it left a water stain. He won't let me get anywhere near it to try to fix it but is there anything I can buy him to try and get the stain out?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 PM
seats, before and after pics

I had my seats refinished by Color Glo. They have franchises in many locations. The local rep here in Denver was familiar with King Ranch leather. I gave a description of the condition of my seats and told him about the cigarette burn in the passenger seat and he told me that he can refinish my seats and fix the cigarette burn for $400. I am very pleased with the results. He came to my place to do the work. It took about 3.5 hours. He redyed them and gave them a finish that looks like new. This finish should be more durable than original and easier to maintain but time will tell.

Before:

After:

Old 02-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by MMutch6923
I had my seats refinished by Color Glo. They have franchises in many locations. The local rep here in Denver was familiar with King Ranch leather. I gave a description of the condition of my seats and told him about the cigarette burn in the passenger seat and he told me that he can refinish my seats and fix the cigarette burn for $400. I am very pleased with the results. He came to my place to do the work. It took about 3.5 hours. He redyed them and gave them a finish that looks like new. This finish should be more durable than original and easier to maintain but time will tell.

Before:

After:

We have those guys in my area too...That guy did a great job....what do they feel like now?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
We have those guys in my area too...That guy did a great job....what do they feel like now?
It has only been a week. They look the same as they did then. I will condition them this weekend. I was told to wait a week, then condition.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:16 PM
hey guys i got a 09 f150 king ranch and condition the seats religiously about every 2 to 3 month but on the piece of leather closest to the door on the drivers side is looking dry and has little cracks that look lighter than the rest of the leather and look dry.....
i have been conditioning them with king ranch leather conditioner.
is there something that can fix this?
thanks

Old 12-13-2011, 08:40 PM
Aniline dye on KR Leather

Hello to all: Just my opinion.

This is a huge issue when dealing with aniline dyes, which in these types of leathers don't have a thick top coating to protect the dye from the elements such as body oils , etc. Almost like painting a car with base coat and then clear coat. If you only have a base coat you will remove paint.

But if you have good coats of clear coats then you're only cleaning the clear or polishing it or waxing it with out removing base paint. These type of dyes have some cross linking that helps the dye from being rubbed off during cleaning, but yet can be remove with time with the wrong products while cleaning or just neglecting and just not doing nothing to preserve the leather.

I have been using a product from leathertherapy.com that works awesome for this type of aniline leather. I used first their Equestrian Wash and then the Equestrian Restorer & Conditioner. The Equestrian Finish is a top coating that will help keep the elements off. This finish will dry matt not shiny. This company is the real deal for leather. I have tried other products from several companies, but did not like the outcome. I spoke to Pino or Anna at Leathertherapy.

Last edited by F150ws; 12-13-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:37 PM
hey guys ive conditioned my seats several times since ive owned my truck but its looking like i need to do them again. my question is, is temps in the low 50s too low to condition my seats. thanks guys

Old 12-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by atlong
hey guys ive conditioned my seats several times since ive owned my truck but its looking like i need to do them again. my question is, is temps in the low 50s too low to condition my seats. thanks guys
Yes cold weather can dry out your leather. You should condition it.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:31 AM
So pleased to see everyone is still interested in taking care of that "Special" leather !!!

Old 02-17-2012, 09:35 AM
And while I'm here (Which doesn't happen very often these days since the KR went.....just reduced to the Bentley and Jaguar now !) thought that since I was the main proponent of correct leather care, would make the 100th post !!

Regards to any of the old gang !!

Old 02-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lenticular
And while I'm here (Which doesn't happen very often these days since the KR went.....just reduced to the Bentley and Jaguar now !) thought that since I was the main proponent of correct leather care, would make the 100th post !!

Regards to any of the old gang !!
LOL, I have GT Covers on mine right now! Haven't taken them off from Hunting Season

Old 06-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Question

Ok, well I just ordered a 32oz jug of Leather CPR and some Leather Honey, hoping to get them soon and get going on my seats.

My seats arent too bad but they could use it.

My main question here is, I've seen and read about the spa treatment, with the hot towels and stuff. I saw somewhere about steaming as well....

Is that safe/would it work? Like take my Iron and pump the steam over the seats? Of course I wouldnt put the iron ON the seats, just hover it 3-6 inches above them and pump the steam onto the seats. Would this work just like the hot towels or what? Thanks

Old 06-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Smitha6
Ok, well I just ordered a 32oz jug of Leather CPR and some Leather Honey, hoping to get them soon and get going on my seats.

My seats arent too bad but they could use it.

My main question here is, I've seen and read about the spa treatment, with the hot towels and stuff. I saw somewhere about steaming as well....

Is that safe/would it work? Like take my Iron and pump the steam over the seats? Of course I wouldnt put the iron ON the seats, just hover it 3-6 inches above them and pump the steam onto the seats. Would this work just like the hot towels or what? Thanks
Several forum members have used the spa treatment with good results.
Fortunately I never had to resort to that but I think I would have felt a bit cautious doing it.

I suggest you make a post with the title "Who's used the spa treatment ?", and hopefully it will bring some of the 'old timers' out of the woodwqrk who will give you an idea of their results.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lenticular
Several forum members have used the spa treatment with good results.
Fortunately I never had to resort to that but I think I would have felt a bit cautious doing it.

I suggest you make a post with the title "Who's used the spa treatment ?", and hopefully it will bring some of the 'old timers' out of the woodwqrk who will give you an idea of their results.
Sounds like a plan...

Quick Reply: Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!