King Ranch

Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 250 - can I still be here? I have a question that I didn't see addressed in this forum so I thought I'd ask. My DH left the windows down one day and it sprinkled rain. So now there are tiny little water spots all over my KR seats. I've tried cleaner and conditioner (LeatherMaster) to get them out with no luck. I hate to try something else without asking if anyone has had success with this. Thanks!

katrat

Old 02-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Of course you're welcome here, a guy with a Chevy recently joined and for the most part people have been very good at welcoming him (though i still am not quite sure why he felt he should join a Ford site ).

As for your seats, i have been using Leather CPR with good results, (it can be picked up at bed, bath, and beyond, among a variety of other places.). If the conditioner alone does not work you can try a damp clean cloth with some warm water. Let the cloth sit on the area to saturate the leather, then let it dry before applying conditioner. Wish you the best.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by XtremeBawls
Of course you're welcome here, a guy with a Chevy recently joined and for the most part people have been very good at welcoming him (though i still am not quite sure why he felt he should join a Ford site ).

As for your seats, i have been using Leather CPR with good results, (it can be picked up at bed, bath, and beyond, among a variety of other places.). If the conditioner alone does not work you can try a damp clean cloth with some warm water. Let the cloth sit on the area to saturate the leather, then let it dry before applying conditioner. Wish you the best.
X2 ^^^^^^ If it hasnt come out it seems to me like the seats maybe a little dirty so do the "spa treatment" on them let them dry then put on the leather cpr and all should be good. You can get CPR at wally world or bed bath and beyond..Good Luck

Old 02-27-2010, 01:31 AM
Well i decided i was going to give Fiebing's Saddle Soap and Fiebing's Pure 100% Neatsfoot Oil tonight on my seats.

Seat before anything (they were definitely ready for some conditioning since the guy that tinted my windows today was a little rough on the driver side one):

Seat after Saddle Soap:

Seat after neatsfoot oil:

I have decided that saddle soap is definitely a good thing to use if your seats are very dirty, but if they are just dry, and not stained/dirty then i don't see any benefit or need to use it.

As for the neatsfoot oil, i was very nervous to use it, and i would not recommend it. I was scared right away when i put it on, as it looked very strange, but once it dried it looks fine. It changed the look some and not for the better IMO, but with a little wear from getting in and out of the truck and the regular Conditioning i do feel it wont be hard to get it back to where it was, thats why i only tried it on the one portion of the seat where you sit. I will stick with leather CPR for sure.

Oh and my seats really don't look this bad, the pictures didn't turn out the greatest and the tint guy scratched them up so i got them conditioned and once they dry they should look like there good old selves again.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by XtremeBawls
Well i decided i was going to give Fiebing's Saddle Soap and Fiebing's Pure 100% Neatsfoot Oil tonight on my seats.

Seat before anything (they were definitely ready for some conditioning since the guy that tinted my windows today was a little rough on the driver side one):

Seat after Saddle Soap:

Seat after neatsfoot oil:

I have decided that saddle soap is definitely a good thing to use if your seats are very dirty, but if they are just dry, and not stained/dirty then i don't see any benefit or need to use it.

As for the neatsfoot oil, i was very nervous to use it, and i would not recommend it. I was scared right away when i put it on, as it looked very strange, but once it dried it looks fine. It changed the look some and not for the better IMO, but with a little wear from getting in and out of the truck and the regular Conditioning i do feel it wont be hard to get it back to where it was, thats why i only tried it on the one portion of the seat where you sit. I will stick with leather CPR for sure.

Oh and my seats really don't look this bad, the pictures didn't turn out the greatest and the tint guy scratched them up so i got them conditioned and once they dry they should look like there good old selves again.
When i first got my KR i used the KIWI saddle soap and it worked very well on the passenger front seat and both captiains seat in the rear. I was told by several die hard KR people on here that it wasnt good for our seats, i still use it just dont anounce it to everyone, dont want to get flamed by the senior members My drivers seats has always been real dirty and i cannot get it to come clean so i have just left it alone but my other three seats looks like they did back in 03

Old 02-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah, i was really skeptical to try either of the products, saddle soap would definitely be good if the leather is really dirty, but i do not advise using the neatsfoot, i just tried it on one spot and it looks better now that its dry but it did not do what i would call an improvement.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I can't believe this! I went to the closest Ford dealer (45 min away) to get the KR leather cleaner/conditioner and they don't carry it! The guys said that they have never carried it as long as they've worked there. And I can't find the Leather CPR at Walmart or anywhere else either. Guess I'll have to order it onine. Anyone know any good sites?

Katrat

Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 PM
If you get the KR conditioner, order it right from King Ranch's site, but i recommend getting the Leather CPR and you can order that right from bed, bath, and beyond's site.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM
I have had my truck for several years and the only conditioner I use is the King Ranch LEATHER CONDITIONER. I am not very happy with it but don't know what else to use. I feel like i have to use it once a week to keep my seats looking good. Any suggestions?

Old 03-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by wpblack
I have had my truck for several years and the only conditioner I use is the King Ranch LEATHER CONDITIONER. I am not very happy with it but don't know what else to use. I feel like i have to use it once a week to keep my seats looking good. Any suggestions?
There is no way in the world you should need to use the conditioner that often.

Twice a year is regarded as quite usual, but for the extra conscientious amongst us that can be extended to 4 or maybe even 6.

To see what other products are favoured you must read the rest of this thread...the very early posts especially.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by shanefogle
FYI: I used the Zymol Creme Leather Conditioner on my 06KR and it worked great. I looked it up before use and it is all natural, (just like the over priced KR brand conditioner). It didn't leave a slick residue on any of the surfaces and didn't darken the leather either- it made the seats, steering wheel and armrest feel soft and supple...as they were when we purchased the truck. One other thing I really liked was the fact that it has no smell like some of the other conditioners that I looked at which had a "leather smell".

I purchased at Wal-Mart for about $7 and based on my first use, I'd estimate the bottle containing enough conditioner for 6 applications. I highly recommend this product.
thanks very helpful just one quick question though what did u use to apply it ( very green when it comes to cleaning leather just got my KR)

Old 06-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Smile Leather Conditioning

I'm a newbie here, just bought a (used of course) '01 KR Supercrew 3 days ago - love it! The exterior is great, and for the most part, the interior is also. The exception is that the previous owner(s) evidently didn't do much to take care of the seats. The tint in the back windows has kept the rear seats in pretty nice condition, but the front are very faded and dull-looking. I live in a very rural area, so no B B & B to buy LeatherCPR, but the next town over did have an auto parts store that carries the Meguire's Rich Leather & Aloe conditioner. Having read a few good reviews here on that, I decided to give it a try. Wow! What a difference. Even on the severely faded front seats, the change was amazing. Yes, it lightened again some as it dried, but it was still a very nice improvement. That was the thirstiest leather I've ever seen...the bottle instructions said to use a small amount and rub it around and into the leather...not a chance. As soon as the conditioner hit the leather, it got sucked in like a sponge. I guess it really needed it. So I have high accolades for the Meguire's. Next step is cleaning the steering wheel - it is literally almost black. Guess I'll try the hot damp towel method...
Mike

Old 06-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Good to know the Meg's is working well for you. If your seats are as dry as i suspect, you're going to be going back for treatments quite regularly for the next few months just to keep them from drying back out(considering you're as picky as myself), because mine were in exceptional condition when i got my truck and i still had to devote a lot of nights to condition them just to get them where i wanted them.

Now I try to do the front seats once every month or two and the rears every 3 months.

Have you considered ordering Leather CPR online? You can get it direct from BB&B online or through many other retailers. Just a thought.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Thumbs up Leather CPR worked great

Just bought my used '07 KR and the seats were in dire need of some TLC. I checked the F150online forums and decided to try the Leather CPR. It worked great and my KR seats are really soft and smooth comapred to what they were.

Thanks for all of the great info on leather care...

Old 06-22-2010, 02:11 PM
So, I've done a search on the "spa treatment" that many reference in this thread but can't find anything outlining specifically what it is. I've seen posts referencing using towels dampened with hot water and applying them to the steering wheel (or other area). Is there anything else to do? Some mention baby shampoo, saddle soap, etc. Time for a good interior cleaning on my truck, then will do the exterior. I have Leather CPR and KR Conditioner but want to make sure I prep well before I begin. Any further advise?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!