King Ranch

Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hmmm, glad I found this post...maybe. Glad to see everyone so passionate about their KR leather. But, now I'm probably even more confused than I was before. How about we update this a little...if that's OK? Looks like it's been a couple of years since all the hoopla was going on...maybe people have been scared to add to this, I don't know. But, I ain't scared!!

Since Ford changed the KR leather for 2009 to Chaparral leather, instead of the original Castano leather, probably for the heated/cooled seats, how is it different for care? Surely there are other '09 KR owners on this site wondering the same thing. And, since both Castano and Chaparral leathers are both aniline leathers, and probably cared for similarly, has anyone found a proven product for the '09 KR leather?

Rockpick/Lenticular, why don't you guys setup a voting page for all the different products everyone has mentioned? I'd really like to know what everyone thinks works the best, without the after-effects. And, I'm not talking about re-finishing leather that has not been taken care of, I'm talking about starting fresh taking care of a new one...to keep it in great shape.

For example, is the actual KR Leather Conditioner the best, or is it Lexol, or Leather CPR, or DuraGloss 221, or Meguiars, or LeatherMaster, or is there really any difference in any of them?

And, I do understand with any of them, you MUST clean the leather, before you condition it...just like an aniline leather sofa or chair. If not, you just condition the dirt into the leather. So, the ones that boast that they clean and condition kind of scare me.

So, does anyone want to get this all stirred up again?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:45 PM
I just traded my 2001 XLT Supercrew for a 2009 KR Supercrew. I'm interested in how to care for the Chaparral leather seats as well. The Ford manual just recommends the leather conditioning product from the KR online saddle shop. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 AM
I emailed Lexol and asked them about their product, and would they recommend it as safe to use on King Ranch leather. Here's their reply:

Hello. I am sorry to say that we ourselves have not done any testing of the Lexol Products on the King Ranch seats. However I’ve had several patrons use our product and they were happy with the outcome. Just last week a gentleman called me with the same question. I suggested that he test the product in an inconspicuous area and let me know the results. He called back stating that he did in fact test on the bottom of the seat, and he liked the results so he completed the application. He was very satisfied with the outcome. I’m sorry that we can’t offer you a more concrete answer on this matter. My suggestion would be the same to you; test in an inconspicuous area to begin with and proceed accordingly. Thank you for your interest in Lexol Products.

Patrina Hight
Summit Industries
839 Pickens Industrial Drive
Marietta Ga. 30062
(P)770-590-0600 ext.212
(F)678-693-3752

Doesn't sound like a good recommendation to me.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MickeyMorris
I emailed Lexol and asked them about their product, and would they recommend it as safe to use on King Ranch leather. Here's their reply:

Hello. I am sorry to say that we ourselves have not done any testing of the Lexol Products on the King Ranch seats. However I’ve had several patrons use our product and they were happy with the outcome. Just last week a gentleman called me with the same question. I suggested that he test the product in an inconspicuous area and let me know the results. He called back stating that he did in fact test on the bottom of the seat, and he liked the results so he completed the application. He was very satisfied with the outcome. I’m sorry that we can’t offer you a more concrete answer on this matter. My suggestion would be the same to you; test in an inconspicuous area to begin with and proceed accordingly. Thank you for your interest in Lexol Products.

Patrina Hight
Summit Industries
839 Pickens Industrial Drive
Marietta Ga. 30062
(P)770-590-0600 ext.212
(F)678-693-3752

Doesn't sound like a good recommendation to me.
Lexol conditioner is very good stuff. It's one of my preferred products for CONDITIONING. I've never had a problem with it and have used it within my Castano conditioning aresonal for the better part of 9 years (2001 KR and now 2005 KR).

The Lexol Cleaner, on the other hand, isn't one that I'll ever utilize again and my bottle found it's way to the very back of my shelf and only emerges to occasionally clean a non-aniline surface. I've found it to be a bit harsh and has caused some of the leather fibers to split (giving that seuaded look). Several (including me) have ruined Castano with the pH balanced cleaner (orange bottle).

So, in recap... here's my opinion based upon several years of Castano cleaning and conditioning...

GOOD

BAD

Old 09-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Outstanding! Thanks Rockpick! That is VERY good to know. So, what do you clean with? I'm going to clean and condition mine for the first time in October...and sure as heck don't want to mess them up. :-)

Old 09-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When I need to clean, I'll either go with a baby soap scrub down or Meguiar's Rich Leather Aloe Cleaner. I will also, on occasion, utilize Eagle Ottawa cleaner.

I'm not a fan of 'all in one' products that offer cleaning and conditioning in one step. To me, that's like the 'wash and wax' products. Simply put, if you've got a KR, odds are that you may be willing to take the extra 30 mins and do a two (or three or four) step process.

MikeF150 swears by leathermaster products. I've read nothing but good about them as well.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:16 PM
It seems most folks are using leatherCPR now, aren't they? I've been using some leftover Lexol conditioner the last couple times I've conditioned my seats but plan to try LeatherCPR - I think you can get it at the Bed Bath & Beyonce stores....

Old 09-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by MikeF150
It seems most folks are using leatherCPR now, aren't they? I've been using some leftover Lexol conditioner the last couple times I've conditioned my seats but plan to try LeatherCPR - I think you can get it at the Bed Bath & Beyonce stores....
I like to use LeatherCPR AFTER using Leather Masters Leather Vital.

Seems to work really well with me (I am the second owner) so the seats were not treated well by the first owner.

I also use the KR stuff, Lexal, PB Leather Stuff etc. Lots of great products out there.

Wish I could make my darker...

JP

Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Anyone looking for leather cpr, I found it the other day at Sams Club in a two pack for like $14.99, instead of paying $9.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond. I like the leather cpr, but it doesnt give the leather the same saddle smell as the king ranch conditioner. And, for all the money I paid for my seats, I'd rather just pay a little extra and keep that smell and use the recommended product and not worry about it. Thats my 2 cents.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:56 PM
blood stains

Does anyone know how to get blood stains out of the KR anoline leahter seats?

Old 01-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone tell me what type of cloth they use to condition using the KR conditioner? I tried a general purpose microfiber, but I felt like the towl absorbed more conditioner than the seats. Thanks

Old 01-31-2010, 05:51 PM
I believe a lot of people have been using a foam applicator, I myself used a foam pad wrapped in a microfiber cloth, it works pretty good, but i think something a little less absorbent would be better.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Just use your hands! You won't get hurt by anything, and you can get into all the little nooks and crannies.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Never thought of something that simple timber...should do the same thing as any applicator at a price you can't argue with. Then just use a microfiber or some form of a soft cloth to wipe any excess off.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok I have to admit, I didnt think about that one. Ill try it later on this week.

Quick Reply: Interested in King Ranch Leather Care? You Have Come to the Right Place! CLICK HERE!