King Ranch

King Ranch interior paint/console

Old 09-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Ranch interior paint/console

Has anyone used the factory interior spray paint or the duplicolor spray paint found at discount auto? I was thinking about painting some of the interior peices a dark tan/brown. Does it still shine up nice when detailed?

Also, has anyone tried an expedition console conversion to their King Ranch? The shape of our KR lids do not look the same as the leather covers on the expedition consoles. I was wondering if the lid would fit exact. Thanks for any input.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:52 PM
The King Ranch lid won't fit. I am picking mine up today from the upholstery shop as I had them take the leather off the KR one, add a few inches of Castano leather to the back, and put it on the Expy console lid. Hopefully they did a good job of it. I am about to put a Navigator console in my KR, and just had to order the floor brackets and the lower trim panel to finish things off.

I haven't used the Duplicolor, but I have used the paintscratch interior paint on my old Clarion console subwoofer, and it matched quite well.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:22 PM
thanks dufunnel for the info! Were you able to still apply some armor all to your clarion console and have it shine?

Old 09-19-2005, 03:42 PM
peebo... there was a guy on here a couple years ago, Damoncaravanman, who did put in an Expi console in his KR.... here's a link to the thread which contains pics and details..... KR Expi console

sounds like Dufunnel is doing the same thing but I'm sure he will figure out how to put some sort of 2000 Watt mega sub-woofer concealed inside as usual!!

Old 09-19-2005, 04:27 PM
No Mike, I'm putting in a carputer hidden inside the console. I already have my subwoofer in the rear console.

As for Armor All, I have never used it on the hard plastic surfaces, so I can't answer the question about it shining. Just something about the greasy feel to it I can't stand.

Old 09-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by dufunnel
No Mike, I'm putting in a carputer hidden inside the console.
For your sake, I hope it doesn't compute average MPG... too depressing...

Old 09-20-2005, 12:41 PM
No, I don't want to know. I don't plan on hooking it into my vehicle computer at all. It will just be there for video, mp3, satellite radio, navigation, etc.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:28 AM
I got my Expedition console in last weekend. Still working on putting the computer together, but I got the lid sewn up after cutting up one of my extra seat covers for a piece of leather. Now I have to come up with some creative things to cover with the rest of the leather in that seat cover. I thought about doing the tan vinyl panels on the doors, but found that they are not easily removed/replaced on the door panel. Still haven't taken any pictures, but it looks very much like Damoncaravanman's, except mine is a Navigator console, so I have the matching wood grain top on it . Looks like it belongs there.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Pics, pics, pics PLEASE when you all get these mods done. I enjoy seeing the differences we all make in our trucks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: King Ranch interior paint/console