King Ranch

A Cruel Dealer...kinda

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Cruel Dealer...kinda

I was at the dealership last night picking up some accessories for my new 04 Lariat. A salesman pulls up and parks right next to me in an 05 F350 KR with the dark copper color. Now the 350 is way more than I could ever use so that helped but....

I couldn't resist, I asked him if I could take a look. He hands me the keys and I climb in.....**sigh**....**deep inhale**.

I snuggled in and just wrapped my hands around the wheel.

What a sick world this is to torment me so...

10 minutes later I'm ok but if you all see me coming and you're in your KR turn off....the torment is terrible.

Thanks for listening....its cheaper than therapy.

Jim

Old 08-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We know your pain.

Old 09-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last wednesday my son called to ask if he could borrow my truck to haul some furniture his grandmother had given him, I said ok. He lives 40 miles from me. I needed to pick up my 4 wheeler from the yamaha shop, so I said I would drop it off and take his car home. When I went by his job to trade cars, (he works for a ford dealership) he told me he want's a full size truck but cannot afford one even with his "D" plan discount, so would I sell him my truck? I told him I love my truck and it was not for sale. We traded keys and I told him don't scratch it. As I was leaving a salesman asked me if he could help me, I said I was just droping off my truck, "no thanks", he said "nice truck, you should trade it in for a new one", I said "I like the truck I have just fine, I don't think I would trade for anything less, you probably don't have one any nicer.
He showed me a 05, King Ranch, F-350, Diesel 4x4, with all the toys. Well, I don't need a F-350 Diesel. My 2000 F-150 pulls my aluminum river boat just fine, takes me hunting, and gets me to and from work.
I told my wife after paying 58 dollars to adjust the valves and replace the spark plug, that maybe it was time to buy a new 4x4, she said "what ever you think", now I take that as a definet yes. RockPick hit the nail on the head when he said "We know your pain." but in the best intrest of my son maybe I don't love my truck as much as I thought I did.
Now to find out about "D" plan.

Quick Reply: A Cruel Dealer...kinda