King Ranch

FOUND original leather for KR

Old 03-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if you can still get the KR leather hides? And anyone that can make the seat covers or upholster. I'd like to get my seats done in the KR leather. The back seat will have to be custom made, because I have a SuperCab. Would be sweet to have an 04 SuperCab with KR leather seats

Old 03-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by mfdengineer
Does anyone know if you can still get the KR leather hides? And anyone that can make the seat covers or upholster. I'd like to get my seats done in the KR leather. The back seat will have to be custom made, because I have a SuperCab. Would be sweet to have an 04 SuperCab with KR leather seats
I too would be interested in some KR leather. Any more news/updates?

Old 03-12-2007, 08:27 PM
I still have a couple extra seat covers, but not enough to redo seats in a non-KR. I have two seat backs from a 2001 King Ranch, one untouched, the other I took a small piece out to do some leather trim pieces and redo my Expedition console lid. I don't really have a use for the rest so if someone's interested contact me.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Hey King Ranch whats the name of the place in El Paso. I was researching this before I went moved from Cruces and I lost all the info.

Thanks
TJ

Old 07-21-2007, 04:46 AM
Yeah, what is the name of the place. I would like to buy 5 or 6 hides and cover my entire truck in the stuff!

Old 07-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
FYI:

I have emailed K|NG RANCH and have asked him to peak his head in on this particular thread to shed some light on the "KR-like" hides.

If all goes to plan, he should drop by sometime soon!

-RP-

Old 07-24-2007, 03:50 AM
Thanks RockPick. This is an old thread I was hoping someone would track him down for info. I contacted a company in El Paso a while back but I cant remember who and my computer never worked again after my move so I lost all the info. Thanks again for the help.

TJ

Old 07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Sorry, its been awhile since I have visited the site. The leather I found was from a place here in El Paso, TX called Texas Fabrics and Foams. They were able to aquired a hide very similar to the King Ranch leather found in our trucks.

Texas Fabrics & Foams
Mike Salome
(915) 532-6822

It may just be me, but I think that there is a slight difference between the 02-03 KR f-150 leather and the 04+ KR's. THe texture is a little different when I have compared the two, so be sure to specify when talking to Mike at Texas Fabrics & Foams.

There is also another route of getting the leather is through eastcoastleather.com They provide local upholstery shops with oem material to repair seats.

Hope this helps and sorry for the delay in responding.

-Justin Brewer

Old 07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by tj.brewster
Thanks RockPick. This is an old thread I was hoping someone would track him down for info. I contacted a company in El Paso a while back but I cant remember who and my computer never worked again after my move so I lost all the info. Thanks again for the help.

TJ
Glad to try to help. Hopefully he'll peek in. No guarantees but, I can tell you that the email didn't bounce...

We'll see!

Old 07-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by RockPick
Glad to try to help. Hopefully he'll peek in. No guarantees but, I can tell you that the email didn't bounce...

We'll see!
Wow... posted at the same moment!

Thanks for popping in, Justin! Don't be a stranger!

Old 07-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks guys I'm gonna give a shout tomorrow. I have an 03 F350 that is in dire need of new seats and I fell in love with my friends f150 KR interior. I can get a complete interior for about 9-10k from salvage yards and other resellers. I think I can save some $ by having my seats redone with the hides.

Thanks again

TJ

Old 07-25-2007, 08:34 AM
Moderator &

Thanks guys I'm gonna give a shout tomorrow. I have an 03 F350 that is in dire need of new seats and I fell in love with my friends f150 KR interior. I can get a complete interior for about 9-10k from salvage yards and other resellers. I think I can save some $ by having my seats redone with the hides.

Thanks again

TJ

I've seen complete interiors on ebay for less than $1k.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:59 AM

Thanks again

TJ
There is a front and rear set for SD on Ebay right now. But get your wallet out...they are going for over 1K for front and 1K for rear.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:43 PM
I refuse to pay that much for a used interior. From what I've seen if the leather is not properly cared for is looks like crap. I can get a full set of seatcovers for less than a grand from autoleathers online. Granted it's not the exact leather but it would kinda look the same with their Tuscany Leather.

The more I thought about the KR leather the more I realized with two young sons, I'm sure the leather would look like a$$ is a short while. It's amazing how much stuff they can tear up in seconds.

Thanks for the help guys I may still buy the hides and do it right. I haven't checked pricing for stitching up a complete interior yet. Any body got a ballpark figure?

TJ

Old 07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
I refuse to pay that much for a used interior. From what I've seen if the leather is not properly cared for is looks like crap. I can get a full set of seatcovers for less than a grand from autoleathers online. Granted it's not the exact leather but it would kinda look the same with their Tuscany Leather.

The more I thought about the KR leather the more I realized with two young sons, I'm sure the leather would look like a$$ is a short while. It's amazing how much stuff they can tear up in seconds.

Thanks for the help guys I may still buy the hides and do it right. I haven't checked pricing for stitching up a complete interior yet. Any body got a ballpark figure?

TJ
This is my last KR that is for sure. But when I bitch about the seats, I always get the same response. "I love your seats, they are supposed to look distressed" After all its King Ranch, saddle leather right?

I bought mine used and spent weeks trying to get them back, they don't look the rears but they look 100% better and I condition them every week.

Personally I think the rear seats look new b/c no one ever sits in them.

One other thought, I saw this old retired rancher at the dealership, his seats were beat to all get out front and back. He said he loved them like that. He saw mine and asked me if I ever drove it.

Guess when you can afford to just buy another one, that kind of thing doesn't bother you.

For the normal working folk like myself...I like to keep my chit tight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FOUND original leather for KR