Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

New Forum Member - New to me Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Forum Member - New to me Truck

First saying hello - new owner of a 2009 F150 s-crew in a pretty sharp maroon. The truck has found a new home in Virginia after spending a few harder years in New Jersey. The first few weeks I considered this purchase a huge mistake. I'm 2 months in, I'm now feeling more optimistic but there are still some issues that I'm working to resolve that were not apparent during the test drive or to the ford dealer I had inspect the truck. Buying used is always a gamble!

On that note, I want to say thank you to everyone who contributes to these forums. I spent nearly a decade over on escape-central which helped this novice at best successfully troubleshoot numerous issues during ownership of 2 Escapes. I'm now on here (and will post soon) regarding one issue but have already resolved 2 others based on the contributions here. Much thanks in order.

Your reward for reading.... Some photos!

F150 - Receiving inspection and approval from our hard to please dog.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:15 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome -- hope you enjoy the new truck!

I've nosed around from time-to-time over at Escape Central as well since my wife's old daily driver was a 2005 Escape that we purchased new. While our Escape has moved on from daily driver use, I still have it and am loath to sell it since it has been such a reliable vehicle that I have maintained religiously since new. While it does have quite a few miles right now (172K) I know how it has been maintained and figure it's worth more to me as a back-up vehicle than the few grand I might get for selling it as a high-mileage used vehicle.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Welcome -- hope you enjoy the new truck!

I've nosed around from time-to-time over at Escape Central as well since my wife's old daily driver was a 2005 Escape that we purchased new. While our Escape has moved on from daily driver use, I still have it and am loath to sell it since it has been such a reliable vehicle that I have maintained religiously since new. While it does have quite a few miles right now (172K) I know how it has been maintained and figure it's worth more to me as a back-up vehicle than the few grand I might get for selling it as a high-mileage used vehicle.
Thanks! I just sold my 05 Escape this past October. It was a bittersweet moment. It's predecessor was an 01 4x4 manual transmission that was yellow. Aside from not being great at hauling truckloads of stuff around - they are really awesome little suv's.

Enjoy the weekend.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:52 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome! Good looking truck and dog.