Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Whoo Hoo, back in the fold!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoo Hoo, back in the fold!!

Hello my fellow F-150 owners, long time poster here but haven't had an F-150 since I traded my 2013 Platinum a couple of years ago. Just brought home a new 2016 Loaded King Ranch in the Shadow Black/Caribou combo, SCREW, FX-4, 5.5' bed. Just amazing how Ford keeps refining this truck, my 2013 was a sweet ride and this KR tops it! The 3.5L Ecoboost is awesome (especially in "S" mode) it is very lively. The remote tailgate is a hoot and Synch 3 is MUCH better, quicker and user friendly than my earlier Sync systems were. Had no idea it was equipped with massage seats...but they are awesome too! I was dismayed initially at the jump in price these trucks have taken in the past couple of years...but now I can see why. My 13 Plat was $51K fully loaded and this KR was $63K fully loaded...ouch!! Anyway, good to be back and look forward to picking up the forum "vibe" again!

BTW, the new LED headlights are AWESOME!! When in DRL mode they are an eye catcher, noticed many turning heads checking them out yesterday!!

Now that I figured out how to attach pics, thought I'd show you what my new rig looks like...sexy ***, eh

Attached Thumbnails Whoo Hoo, back in the fold!!-kr-front-view.jpg   Whoo Hoo, back in the fold!!-kr-rear-view.jpg  

Last edited by HotLap; 07-18-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:53 AM
Congratulations on new ride man, these new machines always give surprises. Post up some pics.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by coldburn92
Congratulations on new ride man, these new machines always give surprises. Post up some pics.
Thank you Sir and did just add pics to my original post!!

Old 07-19-2016, 06:54 PM
Welcome! Greetings from Las Vegas!

Old 07-19-2016, 07:45 PM
Welcome home! LOL
Love the wheels that came on your new KR, personally I think they're the best looking wheels that Fords ever made

Old 07-20-2016, 03:03 AM
Former Sponsor
Congratulations on your new truck and welcome to the club! Looks like its loaded with features! What plans do you have for it by the way?

Old 07-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Alex.poovey
Welcome home! LOL
Love the wheels that came on your new KR, personally I think they're the best looking wheels that Fords ever made
Thanks Alex, I like the way the caribou spokes tie into the caribou accent color. I have since reversed the tires so the white lettering is on the inside...not a fan of the white lettering and looks much better IOM...

Old 07-25-2016, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by carid
Congratulations on your new truck and welcome to the club! Looks like its loaded with features! What plans do you have for it by the way?
Thank you! Here's my initial thoughts:

1) Upgrading the sound system, the premium Sony system isn't very satisfying. Probably get the Kicker sub upgrade kit and replace the door/dash speakers...
2) Still considering if I'm going to level the front end or not.
3) Added the bed extender
4) May have some interior work done to eliminate some of the King Ranch branding...over the top IMHO.
5) Probably going to add the Recon tailgate LED strip for added visibility.
6) Dynamat, Dynamat, Dynamat. Even though the truck is pretty quiet I always add more sound deadening materiel to the inside door skin and plastic panels. (Extreme on the skins/Dynamat on the inside of the door panels.
7) had the front bumper (center chrome section) wrapped in the Caribou accent color.
8) Window tinting

Quick Reply: Whoo Hoo, back in the fold!!