Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Wife totaled the SUV, replaced with 2015 XLT, and now another forum to join!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wife totaled the SUV, replaced with 2015 XLT, and now another forum to join!

My wife had an accident a couple weeks ago and totaled our little SUV as well as the 2008 Ford Ranger she hit. We decided we wanted something bigger and I missed the utility of having a PU having previously owned a 1995 F-150.

I didn't think I could swing the coin for a full size, but with the dealer discounts and rebates being offered, I was able to pick up a 2015 XLT Super Crew 4x4 in "Blue Denim Metallic" with the 2.7L EcoBoost Twin-Turbo. for only a couple thousand more than a Tacoma or Frontier would have cost. MUCH bigger cab, better performance and as good or better fuel economy.

So far I love it, coming up on 500 miles and I have been getting 22mpg. Pretty impressive considering the acceleration and performance of the little V6.

Installed a BedRug liner today, will be getting an Undercover folding hard Tonneau next week. A few other little things, but not going to be going too crazy. It will be my wife's daily driver (my commute is 90 miles round trip and I have a 30mpg sedan for that) with me driving occasionally to split up my miles. Of course it will also handle the Costco and Home Depot trips I am not an off-roader, but weather is no excuse in my job for not getting to work so had to get either 4x4 or something with AWD.

Looking forward to finding all the answer to my new owner questions!

Last edited by Lone-Rider; 06-11-2015 at 04:09 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:54 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome! Sorry you came to us this way, but good to have you here. Hope you enjoy your truck.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Love that Blue Jean color, but feel bad for the little Ranger that had to lose it's life.....

Quick Reply: Wife totaled the SUV, replaced with 2015 XLT, and now another forum to join!