Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

ford f150 1999 4.2 no power in fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ford f150 1999 4.2 no power in fuel pump

Hi there! This is my problem, I got a ford f150 1999 6 cyl 4.2 automatic. My truck starter with a rough idle and when I made a full stop in a red light I had to hit the brakes at all time because it feel like I was hitting the gas and the brakes at the same time, so a friend of mine told me to replace the iac and it work for a couple of days. Then i tried to start the truck and it didn't turn on, I replace the pcv valve, a couple of air hose that was broken, new sparks, clean egr, new air mass flow but the truck didn't start. I check the ignition coil and I have spark on all the 6 cables. The fuel pump relay is good I put another one, so i check the inertia switch i reset the switch and the truck turn on so after that i drove the truck around the neighborhood I was happy truck but the next day the truck didn't want to turn on. After that I replace the fuel pump but the truck didn't start either, So I check the inertia switch and I find out there was no power and I put the test light and the voltage looks real low so I put a direct power cable from the battery to the inertia the truck turn on and when it was on I took it off and the truck turn off. Then I check the fuel pump the fuel pump is not getting power either now I am desperate and don't know what to do. Any help will be very appreciated!!!!

Old 12-20-2014, 10:45 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Welcome!

Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Old 12-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Quick Reply: ford f150 1999 4.2 no power in fuel pump