International Everywhere Else!

Germany

Old 01-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Germany

Does Anyone Live In Germany With An F150? Just Trying To Find Out If I Am Going To Have To Change Anything On My Truck To Meet German Standards When I Move There.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:14 PM
hi , i live in germany and its nice to hear that another f150 is comming! if you privately move, you will have to follow the german tuev regulations some time. thats the organisation that people have to provide their vehicles to every two years for safety inspection. for example you have to have yellow turnsignals and the windshield, driver-and passenger side windows canīt be totally tainted etc. if you move with a military organisation you donīt have to worry about those things. when are you going to move, and where? donīt have peoples scare you, thereīs room enough for our trucks over here, and they perform well on the autobahn!

Old 01-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Actually I already live in Schweinfurt and I am in the military, but I am getting out at the end of this year and moving to Mittelsinn about an hour away from SW where my wifes parents live so I will have to follow the German laws. So I am going to have to change the turn signals to yellow? What kind of f150 do you have? mine is an 07 Supercrew. Can You think of anything else I will have to change?

danke fur zuruck schreiben, ich weiss mine Deutch ist ganz schlect. Tschuus

Old 01-13-2007, 05:35 AM
nicht schlecht, i think it pretty much depends on the tuev guy you talk to. there is always exceptions made, specially in an area where lots of american vehicles drive around it should be easy. but you will have to get your vehicle in the german system with german "brief" (title) and plates etc. they will charge you the salestax (19%) on the value of the vehicle and also zoll (customs) which i think is 10% of the value. thats going to be painfull since your truck is so new. also the yearly roadtax you will have to pay then, but i think you can register the f150 as a LKW (dutyvehice) which safes you a lot of money every year. plus if you see how much a f150 would be here in germany, you still have a good value when ever you plan to sell or trade in, so the loss shouldnīt be to bad. i have a 2005 5.4 lariat and love it. the only real problem over here is that no ford shop really knows what to do when something is to fix. most of them have never seen one before. but on the other hand i recogniced that they are pretty motivated probably because they like the vehicle.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Did You Change Your Tailights? I Know That The Factory Turnsignals Are Red In The Back, If So Where Did You Find Them? If You Dont Mind Me Asking About How Much Do You Pay In Road Taxes Every Year?

Old 01-13-2007, 01:40 PM
i just used an online calculation tool for roadtax and it says that (dep. on the emission class of the f150) the annual tax is between 350 and 400 euro for the 5.4l. but the f 150 does (in most areas) count as an dutyvehicle on request, which means around 170 euros/year.
iīm still driving the red turnsignals, which got me in a couple risky situations because people here are not used to see those and most likely "oversee" them.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:57 AM
My wife talked to someone and I think we are going to register my truck as an LKW. Thanks alot for all the information you really helped me out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Germany