Reupholstery

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reupholstery

I've got a 2002 XLT Supercab with 60/40 bench and this Spring its time to refresh the interior.

I'm not a fan of using slip on covers over the old covers and foam, which is all I can find on the internet. Does anyone know of a source for actual replacement covers I can install myself? I've done interior work before, not afraid of the project just can't find anything ready-made. Not looking for anything fancy, I like the stock look.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Katzkin/roadwire. Other than that, nobody really makes upholstery replacement kits for our trucks. You could do it yourself if you have upholstery experience and a good sewing machine.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 PM
I checked those sites out...looking for something already sewn. Plus those are a little higher class than I want...half my friends wouldn't be allowed to ride up front anymore!

I figured someone would be pre-sewing something this high volume like they do for motorcycles. Guess I'll give the upholstery shop a call and see what they charge. Thanks.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:27 PM
I just got my seats redone (2007 F150 Screw) with a leather kit from Leatherseats.com. I went with the 2 tone Charcoal/Light Grey kit with the stitching upgrade and was about $700. I was thinking of going the self-install route but figured I'd better just get it done right and had a local Upholster guy install it for $600. It turned out amazing...don't have pics on me while i'm at work but I'll post some up later.