Turning off seat belt chime

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 02:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The other day I was driving to home depot to do the gotts mod, and my friend never wears his seatbelt and so the dinger was dinging away. He said one of his friend heard that if you plug it in and unplug it like 20 times in a minute it will shut off. I laughed but sure enough he got the passenger side to quit. This would be a pain to do every keystart, but not bad for the occasional easy drive through the mountains.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:35 AM
"I don't want to sound like a **** or nothing, it says on your chart your ****ed up, you talk like a ***, and your ****'s all retarded..."

but seriously, shouldn't you be wearing your seatbelt? most states (including my home state of IL and my current state of WI) will give a ticket to a driver not wearing a seatbelt, and will pull you over for just that. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:27 AM
grunthunter...Ok, I went through the 12 steps to turn off the chime, but I could never get the airbag warning light to come on? I went through the steps 3 times and never got the warning light to come on. What do you think I'm doing wrong?? Thanks for the help...

Old 06-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by 06bluemeaniexl
"I don't want to sound like a **** or nothing, it says on your chart your ****ed up, you talk like a ***, and your ****'s all retarded..."

but seriously, shouldn't you be wearing your seatbelt? most states (including my home state of IL and my current state of WI) will give a ticket to a driver not wearing a seatbelt, and will pull you over for just that. Just my 2 cents.
If you would have read the thread it clearly states his reason for disabling it.

So save your cuss word rant for people that care.

While driving behind my farm I drive through the field slow and jump out frequently to fix a fence post or pick up debris. Seems pointless to un buckle and re buckle a million times or hear the chime.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Just tried it and the 12 step process worked for me! But will it activate again as soon as I move my seat? I dont have memory seating positions.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Originally Posted by Drick
If you would have read the thread it clearly states his reason for disabling it.

So save your cuss word rant for people that care.

While driving behind my farm I drive through the field slow and jump out frequently to fix a fence post or pick up debris. Seems pointless to un buckle and re buckle a million times or hear the chime.
See the movie 'Idiocracy'... that is a quote from it, it was meant to be funny, apparently tasteless, crude humor doesn't appeal to you...

Anyways, regardless of the purpose, you should wear a seat belt when driving any vehicle, even if you're just working on the farm or if you're crusin' on the expressway. The chime is a good thing. It reminds the driver that they need their seat belt. I guess it could be annoying if you're hopping in and out all day, but in the event that you do disable it, forget about it, and then are driving in town without the belt on. You'll be $55 poorer (at least in WI) for it and have points on your license. To me, putting up with a little annoyance is worth saving $ for.

Last edited by 06bluemeaniexl; 06-16-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:13 AM
Also... The main problem I have is for people who will google search how to disable the chime so that they can drive around without a seat belt on.

I wanted to warn people, that it is possible to get a ticket exclusively for it, even if they didn't have any other sort of moving violation.

Last edited by 06bluemeaniexl; 06-16-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 AM
I finally got it figured out!!! I've got a 2010 and the procedure for turning off the seatbelt chime is a little different than what grunthunter posted for his truck. On a 2010, you only need to latch and unlatch the seatbelt 3 times after the seatbelt light goes off.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:27 PM
I did the 12 step process and it worked for me! No more chime

Old 06-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I have an '08 F150 and once you do the process in the owner's manual you never have to worry about the annoying beep again. Well worth the time it takes to do it. Disabling the automatic door locks is also well worth the time if you are getting in and out of your truck lots. Nothing irritated me more than getting out of my truck and going to the passenger side door to grab something and find out that the door was still locked.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:58 PM
When I'm in the pasture or out on a trail I just clip it behind my back. That way it is still there to annoy me when it can be usefull to avoid tickets and such on the street.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:20 PM
For the 2010 you do have to do it for both front seats. It's not hard.

Unplug seat belt.
Turn key to ON position. Wait for seat belt light to come on. About 1 min
Click and unclick seat belt 3-4 times.
Light will flash a couple time.
Plug seat belt in one more time and your done.

You need to do each seat at separate times.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry for bringing this thread up again, but I tried the 12 step program according to the owners manual and the airbag light does not come on when the manual said it should. I can't get rid of the chime.
Before anyone tells me I need to wear my seat belt, I always do, I just don't want the truck chiming when I first turn it on. I don't need the reminder.

Quick Reply: Turning off seat belt chime