folding Center Console Pad Repair

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
folding Center Console Pad Repair

The foam pad that goes around the cup holders has come off on my 06 F150 Folding console. Does anyone know how to disassemble the center console to remove the white plastic backing for the pad so I can glue it back on. I have looked for screws but nothing.

Thanks
John

Old 03-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Unhappy

This is horrible, still no way to take the center console apart to repair the pad around the cup holder.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:58 PM
pictures would help

Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Alright I will take a few tonight.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:39 PM
You could always order a new one. I'm sure you knew that though but maybe not how cheap they are.

I just bought a new cover from tasca in black leather for 90 bucks. So cheap it isnt worth messing with for some people.

Yay my first ever post!

Old 04-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by daggysvo
You could always order a new one. I'm sure you knew that though but maybe not how cheap they are.

I just bought a new cover from tasca in black leather for 90 bucks. So cheap it isnt worth messing with for some people.

Yay my first ever post!
The question would be how do you remove the the old one from the cup holder? or are you talking about the whole folding console?

Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by daggysvo

Yay my first ever post!
I know this almost a year old, but would you happen to have a part #? PLEASE!!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:40 PM
I am on the same search for a solution. Dealer charged me 50 bucks to tell me I would have to replace the entire console. There has to be a way to repair the individual piece.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:40 PM
2005 f150 center console cup hold padding

Saw some folks asking about the f150 center console pad. Mine came up and I figured it would need replacing so I did some auto surgery and found that the white plastic that is attached to the cup holder is held in by clips. They are hard to come up but you can see where they are in the plastic they are recessed. Take a thin screwdriver and push from the front of the recess and it should release the clip. Be aware there are 4 pins also holding it in. You are gonna need to be patient to be able to get it out in one piece. Put something in between once you release it to hold it up or it will just snap shut again... have not gone to ford yet to see if I can get a replacement, but there was a part number on the plastic..

Old 09-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Jetpilot2
I know this almost a year old, but would you happen to have a part #? PLEASE!!!!
Shoot me your VIN and I'll get you the part number and price.

-Steve

Old 02-22-2016, 09:17 PM
I know this is and old post but I'm having a hell of a time getting this plastic piece off this console. Any tricks anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Iv pushed and pried on every side and on every angle it feels like. And Iv even shined a bright light through the plastic. Still no luck.
Originally Posted by santanellact
Saw some folks asking about the f150 center console pad. Mine came up and I figured it would need replacing so I did some auto surgery and found that the white plastic that is attached to the cup holder is held in by clips. They are hard to come up but you can see where they are in the plastic they are recessed. Take a thin screwdriver and push from the front of the recess and it should release the clip. Be aware there are 4 pins also holding it in. You are gonna need to be patient to be able to get it out in one piece. Put something in between once you release it to hold it up or it will just snap shut again... have not gone to ford yet to see if I can get a replacement, but there was a part number on the plastic..

Old 09-19-2016, 08:08 PM
I got mine off!!!

Pictures for reference on clips and removal. Was quite a task and I broke off the clips and a piece of it, but I got it out using a 5-tool putty knife and lots of prying. Getting it glued back together now...

Attached Thumbnails folding Center Console Pad Repair-image.jpeg  
Old 09-19-2016, 08:14 PM
Additional repair Pic

New to site, don't know how to add multiple pics per post... Just want to help folks!

Attached Thumbnails folding Center Console Pad Repair-image.jpg  
Old 01-20-2018, 10:12 AM
Folding center console pad for 2008 F150 XLT

Originally Posted by Tasca Ford Parts
Shoot me your VIN and I'll get you the part number and price.

-Steve
Do you know where I can a replacement for the folding console padding that goes around the cup holders for a 2008 f150 xlt?

Old 05-24-2019, 08:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2005 f150 center console cup foam

Hey so being frustrated with what is out there, I have made a template and am now in the middle of my prototype for a wood replacement. My first run
Should be done this weekend. Making 2 out of white oak and will post pics. After template is done and approved I can make for others if desired.
Fingers crossed !
And I have a simple removal process for replacement
Regards

Quick Reply: folding Center Console Pad Repair