Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Interior Care
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor
2003 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150
changing seat belt color

I'm considering painting my whole interior black...The current color is tan and I've already painted a few pieces of the dash and door panels black for a tu tone look. I like it, but would rather have an all-black interior and maybe incorporate some silver or aluminum pieces as well.
One thing holding me back is the seat belts. I have the kind that are built into the seats, which are tan. If I was to change the whole interior to black, including black leather seat covers, the seat belts would be the only thing left tan, and I'm not aware of any OEM black seat belts for our trucks. Is there any way to dye the seat belts? Or maybe the OEM grey belts wouldn't look so bad once all the tan is gone?
suggestions welcome
current pic of interior (except base of expy console is now painted tan, top/cupholder area is still black though...i know i know it's dirty :o) :
Click the image to open in full size.

03 F150 supercab 4.6l
gotts mod, magnaflow si/do muffler with turndowns, cowl hood, L headlights/corners with FX-R retrofit, L grille, ptm 4x4 valance with depo clear fogs, custom 2-tone painted dash and door panels, Pioneer U310BT double-din HU, RF P300.1 amp w/2 10" JBL GTO subs, leather seats
Old 05-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Maybe you could just change out the webbing to black.

http://www.seattlefabrics.com/webbin...atbelt_Webbing
Old 05-12-2009, 01:38 PM
2003 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx97 View Post
Maybe you could just change out the webbing to black.

http://www.seattlefabrics.com/webbin...atbelt_Webbing
EXACTLY what i was looking for! lol that was easy haha...
so now that that's solved, who thinks it would look better all black? who thinks I should stick to the tu tone tan-and-black scheme?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:08 PM
2008 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F150
IMO all black would look better.

2008 F-150 STX - not stock
2013 Accord Coupe V6 - stock
Old 05-12-2009, 06:11 PM
1994 Ford F-250

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F-150
All black FTW

"Half the ability to get the job done is not being afraid to try. 90% of the time you wont screw it up any worse then it already is"
Old 05-24-2009, 03:04 PM
2004 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
Send a message via AIM to monoxide Send a message via Yahoo to monoxide
it is illegal to dye your seat belts because if they fail in a crash and the shop inspects them and you have them dyed they cant tell if it was a faulty seat belt or a warn out seat belt. if it was worn out they should be replaced any ways. i would order a new black one if you can find it.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1998 Ford Expedition
Jack Polk
Send a message via AIM to 98Expedition10
1clean42:
That is a unique look!. I have a Desert Tan interior with "leather" seats. I had thought to remove the seatbelts to have them cleaned. However I found out that you can replace all the belts economically with belts of a different color.
MACS, Mobile Air Conditioning Society
Old 05-27-2009, 08:41 PM