Removing Lower Seat Cushion Cover....

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Lower Seat Cushion Cover....

'04 Lariat with leather bukets. I would like to add some foam to the driver side cushion. Has anyone removed the plastic moulding on the outboard side of the seat; the piece with the recline lever, switches etc? How do the various levers, ***** and the like come off? I don't want to break anything...

TIA
R...

Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no need to remove the trim, i installed leather in my truck a few months back and i did exactly what your wanting to do.
To remove the bottom cusion there are simply four nuts you remove from under the seat.
Look in front under the seat and youll see them at the farther corners. two up front two out back, and the bottom cushion simply lifts up. be carefull cause there are a few wiring pigtails you have to disconnect before you pull it off. Slowly pull it up and youll see them.
Remove the straps holding the sides down from the leather and fold them over to reveal the foam (or lack thereof) and seat pan.
I simply added an extra layer from some arts and crafts none degrading foam from wal-mart, and strapped the leather over and its doing great.
The seat pan was pretty rough on mine, and thats what i think caused the ripping of the foam as i got in and out the truck, so i took my die grinder and ground that area of the metal in a round smooth fashion and added a little door lip trim (cheapo stuff from auto parts place) to the edge so it wouldnt cut into the foam anymore.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the info. Sounds pretty straight forward and I'll likely try it on the weekend. Does yours have heated seats? Hopefully that's just a plug I can undo.......

Thanks again,
R...

Originally Posted by Fabian06SC
no need to remove the trim, i installed leather in my truck a few months back and i did exactly what your wanting to do.
To remove the bottom cusion there are simply four nuts you remove from under the seat.
Look in front under the seat and youll see them at the farther corners. two up front two out back, and the bottom cushion simply lifts up. be carefull cause there are a few wiring pigtails you have to disconnect before you pull it off. Slowly pull it up and youll see them.
Remove the straps holding the sides down from the leather and fold them over to reveal the foam (or lack thereof) and seat pan.
I simply added an extra layer from some arts and crafts none degrading foam from wal-mart, and strapped the leather over and its doing great.
The seat pan was pretty rough on mine, and thats what i think caused the ripping of the foam as i got in and out the truck, so i took my die grinder and ground that area of the metal in a round smooth fashion and added a little door lip trim (cheapo stuff from auto parts place) to the edge so it wouldnt cut into the foam anymore.

Quick Reply: Removing Lower Seat Cushion Cover....