Removing door panel 2004+ F150

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaking Window

What is the commonly accepted fix for a squeeking window? Greasing the tracks? Is there a commonly accepted spray grease that people feel is the best if I am willing to open my doors in order to fix this?

Old 01-26-2009, 11:03 AM
hey kevin that worked great for the front but what about the back the paltes are screwed in from the inside

Old 02-08-2009, 08:27 PM
I just did this today

Hey Gates;
I just did this on my 06 F150 Today to install some Sony Speakers, (I'm glad I found this site!) and with the back doors you have to follow the steps shown in the pictures above (except for the grill portion, that is only for the front doors) and then you have to take an extra Panel to get to the last screw/bolt. So if you are looking at the Door lock from inside , their is a Long skinny panel (banana shape) which is held in by 2 door clips. Use a flathead screwdriver and pop that panel off. Once you do that you will see the Last Screw/bolt for the Full door panel. remove that screw and the Panel will lift Up and Off. Their is still a Wire that is connected, so I had my Daughter hold the Panel since it is not very heavy and then I replaced the factory speakers. Then do the reverse order and put it back together. Make sure you get the Door lock back in the slot so it will work. and make sure all connections are hooked up. You should be good to Go.. Hope that helps.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm stuck on an '09XL with no power anything (crank window). I tried the instructions here:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...2008-f150.html
and once I get the two bottom screws, and the one behind the handle, I'm stuck. I've gotten the window crank off, but it still seems like there is something holding the bottom of the panel in. I've tried to put as much pressure on it as I could to see if it would pop off, but I can't get it. I've taken door panels off before (dodge's, hyundai's, ford's, all kinds) and I can tell when something is not completely unscrewed. Something is still holding on there.

Has anyone taken off a base XL panel yet? I was ready to go with my new speakers today, and now I am stuck.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks Kevin

Just googled how to remove door panel 2006 F150 and found this site. Thanks Kevin, I had to replace my power mirror on the passenger side and your pictures saved me tons of time. I was in and out in an hour or less. Didn't break anything either as I am prone to do. Thanks Again.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Harley and Kevin,

Thanks so much, not only did you just save me $50+ to get someone else to do this, I just replaced the drivers side power mirror in just under :30 minutes. With IPhone in hand looking at the pictures it was a breeze. My son really thought I knew what I was doing.

Thanks again!

Old 02-27-2010, 06:37 PM
Thanks guys-changing out he driver's side mirror was pretty easy because of the detailed instructions (the pictures were a great help too). Definitely need to take out the bottom two speaker plugs to aid in getting the panel back in. I have put this off for 10 months now and it is great to be able to have a driver's side mirror that isn't held together with duct tape.
Jim

Old 04-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Thank you! It took me a while, and all I ended up having to do was wiggle the connector at the regulator. I don't expect that to last, but I need my truck tomorrow and it's supposed to rain! I couldn't drive all over town with my window down, but I'd do that before I'd drive around with a garbage bag duct-taped to my ride.

Thanks!
SH

Old 05-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Nice right up and picture illustration. Gotta confess, I read pictures better than I do words.

I need to remove my door panel cause I want to engineer my CB radio's speakers behind the area close to the mirror.

Thankz
Leonardo

Last edited by Bluejay; 05-09-2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: remove insult
Old 08-14-2010, 04:44 PM
All that information was great Kevin, thank-you!

Old 09-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the write up and pictures, made this a snap for me! Fixed the window squeak with some white lithium grease. Was hard to get in there especially that stupid clear plastic. Heat gun helps separate the adhesive from the plastic and then again to get them to re-stick. Lost a red "straw" from the can in the door, guess that's doing to be there forever, doh! Also, it is a must to remove the bottom two speaker screw inserts. I found using a simple set a pliers with one part of the head in the open end of the insert, and so gripping the wall of the piece and applying some pull and side to side motion took them out easy and in one piece to be reinstalled.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you, Thank you, Thankyou! After about 10 minutes of trying to figure how to remove the panel, I seached online and found this post. The step I was missing was the removal of the control panel. Once I took that off and removed the screw behind the panel, the panel popped off with ease.

Originally Posted by 00 harley 9006
I had to change the mirror on my 04 FX4 (new style) due to a little width problem my son had. What a PITA to figure our what had to be done so I thought I would document it for others
- remove two trim screws at bottom of door panel
- remove the access plate behind the interior door handle (pry out at slot) and two screws (not necessary to remove the handle)
- gently pry up the power window switch panel (part of armrest)
- remove is screw that holds the panel to the door
- remove the speaker cover grill (it pops off with gentle persuasion but is very fragile)
- remove the speaker from the door (4 screws and two wire plugs)
- It's also a good idea to remove the mounting plugs for the speaker screws to eliminate clearance issues (do this by pulling them out carefully so as not to break them)
- to remove the door panel slide it UP about 1 inch to release the clips (it might take a little force but the panel basically just hangs on the door)

Reverse process to install again

I hope this helps others avoid the three hour job it was for me.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent writeup. Looks like the speaker is smaller than a 6x8 with one with going to a tweeter at the top of the door panel?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Are the 2011 door panels installed any differently? My driver's door rattles terribly, from the area near and below the lock post. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Once again THANKS to this site!! I was driving down the road last night and it sounded like someone threw something at my rear passenger door. When I got out I couldn't find a dent or scratch anywhere. When we got finished in the store we noticed the rear door window was down. It then fell ALL the way into the door. On the way to the garage now to figure it out. Thanks again for the informative how-to and pics!!

Quick Reply: Removing door panel 2004+ F150