Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.

2002 F150 S-Crew

Is there a way to take off the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel? I spilled some soda on my wheel when passing a drink to a friend at the drive through (lid was not put on tight by the fast food worker) and now the button is sticky. I have cleaned around the button however its the liquid that went behind the switch that is giving me problems.

Thanks.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:03 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Disconnect the battery. Wait at least 1 minute for the Air Bag back up power to deplete. Remove the two bolt covers on the back side of the steering wheel.
Remove the bolts. Pull the air bag away from the steering wheel. Unplug the horn and the air bag connector. Place the air bag face up on the ground away from you. You now have access to the switches. There are clips holding the switches in place.

JMC

Old 01-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JMC
Disconnect the battery. Wait at least 1 minute for the Air Bag back up power to deplete. Remove the two bolt covers on the back side of the steering wheel.
Remove the bolts. Pull the air bag away from the steering wheel. Unplug the horn and the air bag connector. Place the air bag face up on the ground away from you. You now have access to the switches. There are clips holding the switches in place.

JMC

+ Be very careful with the bag

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel.